Aerobics vs. Circuit training

shellee9tj
shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
OK so I have been doing the BIggest Loser DVDs lately and I am not sure how to classify them in my exercise. Are they aerobics or cicuit training?? The Biggest Loser Bootcamp I had been logging as circuit training as well as the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred because it incorporates weights and actually runs through "circuits" but today I did the BIggest Loser HIgh Intensity Cardio and logged it as aerobics because I wasn't sure what to put it under........any suggestions???

Replies

• TanRobins
    TanRobins Posts: 44
    I do INSANITY and log it in as high impact aerobics. But I've asked that before and most responses come back as using a HRM is the best way to know.
  • dottedone
    dottedone Posts: 23
    I'm not a trainer, but a trainer told me: if your heart rate goes up into the training zone, then it's cardio. If not, then it is strength training. Strength training works non-cardiac muscles.

So for instance, say I do a body pump class. My heart beat doesn't really go up, except during the squats (which is only 3 minutes). This class is strength training.

So for instance, I do a bike class. That is pure cardio.

Basically, I say if the title says cardio, then you should be doing it and logging it as cardio, assuming your heart rate is up during that interval.
This discussion has been closed.