Microwaving Styrofoam!! RANT!

Options
The lady in front of me at the microwave today put her styrofoam container in there. I almost puked, and then I saw her set the timer for 4 minutes! It's one thing to microwave styrofoam AT ALL, let alone for 4 minutes to the point that it melts and seeps into her food. Gross.

Replies

• cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thats disgusting.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    But the melting chemicals all over your food bind it together and give it added flavor.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    YUM!

But the melting chemicals all over your food bind it together and give it added flavor.
  • Arianwyn_T
    Options
    I will only microwave in glass/ceramic, or very occasionally in a paper-based take-out container. And for a long time I didn't microwave at all (we intentionally didn't have one for over three years, until we renovated the kitchen and got a built-in for resale value).

Sadly, most people are completely unaware of how plastics and styrofoam can get into food when heated :(
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I will only microwave in glass/ceramic, or very occasionally in a paper-based take-out container. And for a long time I didn't microwave at all (we intentionally didn't have one for over three years, until we renovated the kitchen and got a built-in for resale value).

Sadly, most people are completely unaware of how plastics and styrofoam can get into food when heated :(

Including the Harvard Medical School!

When will the scientists, FDA and health professionals learn!!!
    *sobs*