Dreamfields pasta is a fraud!!!!! Not low carb!

Options
13»

Replies

• DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    How do you prepare the shiritaki noodles?
  • PamJ2656
    PamJ2656 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a lot of weight left to lose and have several medical issues including being pre-diabetic. My nutritionist recommended Dreamfields, but my digestive system cannot tolerate one of the ingredients--inulin. I knew that already so I never tried it. Inulin can really give some people a difficult time!

I LOVE zucchini noodles! Can't say I like the shiritaki noodles, though. I was hoping I would, but the texture is just weird to me.

Oh, and I found this when I was looking for the Dreamfields website, if anyone is interested:

"Consumers can get money if they bought Dreamfields Pasta products with a label that referred to “glycemic index” or “digestible carbs,” between February 2004 and July 1, 2014."

And one paragraph from the class action suit:

"Since approximately 2004, Dakota Growers has sold Dreamfields Pasta. These products are collectively called the “Covered Products” in this notice. The Mirakay lawsuit claims that certain representations made in the advertising for and packaging of the Covered Products regarding the pasta’s low glycemic index and low digestible carbohydrates were not scientifically supported and were misleading. Defendants do not agree and deny any wrongdoing."
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just switched to Barilla Plus because the high protein and fiber is more important than low carb to me now.
  • adwoodtx
    Options
    I eat the dang stuff, but I know what it is going to do to my blood sugar. I know it will spike over 200. However, it is one of the few meals that I allow to do that. I have a weakness for pasta. One thing I have done to help combat the spike is to have only one cup of cooked pasta and eat a nice steak with it. I have noticed that eating a decent amount of fat with a bunch of carbs (in particular Dreamfields), seems to keep me from spiking. Still, the pancreas has to work off those carbs. I help is along by exercising. The more carbs I eat, the longer it takes to compensate and get my BS back below 140. I am not on insulin. I take metformin and Januvia.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Silly question maybe but have you ever tried Walden Farms products? Mayo, dips, dressings all zero calorie, zero fat, zero carb. Also a little too good to be true. But I am not diabetic so I have no way to test if it's true. Anybody out there tried them?
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Silly question maybe but have you ever tried Walden Farms products? Mayo, dips, dressings all zero calorie, zero fat, zero carb. Also a little too good to be true. But I am not diabetic so I have no way to test if it's true. Anybody out there tried them?

i have, or at least i've used the chocolate syrup. from what i can see, it's cocoa powder, splenda, and thickeners. i use it when i make my soft-serve ice cream and i've never had any issues with flavor. part of the reason they can claim 0 calories/carbs/fat is because of the serving size, but that's standard in food labeling... anything that's .5g or less can be called 0, anything .9 or less can be called >1.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Try shirataki noodles, You can get them in the produce area of your grocer, 2 and 3 carbs each depending on the brand and if it's tofu or not. I noticed today Mayfield ice cream that says no sugar added has sugar on the nutritional content, lol

No sugar added is not the same as containing no sugar whatsoever.

Dreamfields gives me the runs.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    There's things called "nutritional facts" on boxes... no?
    And there's a thing called "internet" to verify those "miracle" products... no?

:indifferent:

Pasta low carbs? Would have rang a bell from the start.

I'm afraid I'll have to agree.
    T2D here, diagnosed in April 2012.

The *first* time I'd heard of Dreamfield's Pasta was from other diabetics on sites like TuDiabetes.com, who said that the stuff will still spike your BG. There are a myriad of different YT videos & blogger reviews that all agree, though there are a very few who don't. However, of the ones that don't agree, none of them wanted to consume it on a regular basis.

Sorry it's disappointing OP :ohwell:

ETA: I eat very few low carb products, as a matter of fact, only one and that's only if I'm short on carbs & I'm feeling a sandwich
    (Joseph's Middle East Bakery Reduced Carb/Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread)

I eat to my meter & one pita does nothing to my BG :wink:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    TL;DR
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

Nutrition labels.

/thread