Out of curiosity

Options
I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there doing this like me without logging food and exercise? I am alone amongst my lovely friends. I announce what I am eating and how I am exercising when I do it, but for me the numbers do not add up at all and I have taught myself to crave very healthy foods over the past few years. As you can see by my ticker, I have been successful doing it this way. I am not starving myself nor eating too much. I just can't deal with all the numbers including the scale because they make me feel bad about myself and once I get to goal I will put the scale away and use my clothes as my indicator for good because I don't want that number to define me. I would love to have more friends that do not log food and exercise but are open about what they are eating and what they are doing to get healthy. Feel free to add me. sending a little note would be great, thanks :). This is not about right or wrong, it is about personal preference and in my case, sanity lol.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    This is not about right or wrong, it is about personal preference and in my case, sanity lol.

I have a few folks on my friend's list like that. You look at their logs and they are quite losse at tracking, while others have everything down to the gram. I am somewhere in between. I like to have a general log of things I take in, but I don't care if it is +/- 100 calories here and there. I also have days I go "off-track" and don't track much of anything...without regrets even. :)

It is all whatever works for each person.

Cheers.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    yes it is so individual. I found that tracking everything made me obsess about food and it became unhealthy for me specifically. I get my blood checked twice a year and am very proactive about my health. I believe myself to be the healthiest I have ever been in my entire life and I am 41. :) Crazy it took so long to figure this out for myself.