Feeling Sick

Options
I'm running a fever, and feel like crap. I hope it isn't the flu or anything. I hate being sick. Took some Nyquil, and am about to get some rest. Any home remedies out there?

Replies

• ember673
    ember673 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and rest. Hope you are feeling better quickly.
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Aw, I'm sorry! Being sick is the worst! Let the fever run it's course. It helps get the infection out. It's nothing to worry about unless it gets above 102 F. Induce sweating with a warm blanket for about 20 minutes and drink plenty of fluids. Catnip tea is good for bringing a fever down as well and take vitamin A emulsion :)

Source- My Prescription for Nutritional Healing book. :)
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. How do you get that Despicable Me weight loss gauge?
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I always take ibuprofen when I have a fever, but I'd check to make sure the active ingredients in Nyquil won't conflict before trying some. (I've never combined it so I'm not sure on that myself.)

Also, I like to wrap up in a bunch of blankets but then crack the window to let a cool breeze in, or turn on a fan on low if you have one. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Nitabug36
    Nitabug36 Posts: 65
    Options
    Plenty of liquids!!!
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    cake.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. How do you get that Despicable Me weight loss gauge?

Use the "custom" ticker instead of pre-made and upload whichever photo you like. MFP will help you crop it to the correct size for the ticker.

Let the fever run its course. Like the previous poster said, don't worry unless it gets above 102. A fever helps your body fight the virus. Just make sure to drink lots of water and eat low-sodium soup and other healthy foods to help give your body the fuel it needs. I usually eat close to maintenance when I'm sick so my body has a fighting chance.

If you get sick to the point you can't keep anything down, try to drink sugar-free Gatorade or Pedialyte so you don't over-hydrate yourself.

I hope you feel better soon.

Edited to add: if you took NyQuil, don't take any other products with acetaminophen (like Tylenol or Advil Cold/Flu). You can damage your liver if you take too much over the course of your virus. Take one or the other, but not both, and make sure you wait about six hours between doses.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks, going to take a nap soon. How do you like my new ticker thing? Lol