Hooray!!

logiesmom
logiesmom Posts: 142
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have went all day without a soda of any kind today. I have drank over 64 oz. of water which I am so proud of. The only thing is that I have a killer headache that will not let up at all from caffeine withdrawal. Is this how it is going to be everyday without soda??? I hate a headache worse than anything. Does this get better???

Replies

• BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    It will go away. You body was just used to having things. Keep flushing it with that water, and they will be gone in a couple days :-D
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    I completely gave up soda also. The headaches will continue until your body adjusts to not having the caffeine. If they get too bad, I suggest drinking a small amount of caffeine each day to let your body slowly adjust to not having the caffeine instead of going cold turkey. It's makes a big difference in your weight loss when you give up sodas. Good job with the water consumption.
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    If your not a heavy coffee drinker try having a half a cup or even a few sips
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    it bet it's from the sugar with drawl not the caffeine. But in either case it will only last a few days. Take some advil or tylenol and revel in your accomplishment! That's fantastic!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Congrats on quitting the soda, hahaha. :) But even though I'm not much a soda drinker, I still like it maybe a few times a week. I buy coke zero or the pepsi one. Both very low sodium and low sugar (made with splenda). Zero calories... Except for pepsi one; it has one calorie. That calls for an eye roll. Not sure about the caffeine. Caffeine's never effected me in any way, so I wouldn't really know. But, if you happen to like soda for reasons other than caffeine, I definitely suggest the "zero" drinks.
  • logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    I appreciate all the advice. By the time I was home from work yesterday my head hurt so bad I was sick. I drank half a can of pepsi and it went away. UGH!! Trying it again today. Though I think I may have some coffee this morning and hope that helps. Thanks again guys!!!!
  • I know exactly how you feel. It has been almost 4 weeks since I have had any caffeine. The first few days were rough, but after that the headaches went away. I can't tell you how much better I feel since I quit caffeine. I don't like diet drinks, so I just decided to get rid of the caffeine altogether. I have so much more enrgy than I did 4 weeks ago!
This discussion has been closed.