Had weight loss surgery yet here I am AGAIN!

Options
So I am here admitting that I had weight loss surgery December 2012. But guess what the surgery fixed my stomach but not my actual problem which is my eating habits. I was around 330 pounds when I started the weight loss surgery thing then I got down to around 190 pounds.

Now I am 220 pounds and now here I am again trying to lose weight. I don't have much support in real life which is why I am turning to MFP. I would like to get down to around 150 pounds and am looking for friends to get there with me,

I am hoping this will help to keep me accountable because that is what works for me! Feel free to add me as a friend so I can help motivate you too!

Replies

• jomariep
    jomariep Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there!
    I had gastric sleeve surgery on Jan 28th of this year. I'm super excited to be heading down and would like to make some friends here too!

Joanna
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • bettyann55
    bettyann55 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That is the sad thing about weight lose surgery. They will do the surgery when the problem usually is our very own eating habits that need changed. They say more than 50% of patients having the surgery gain the weight they lose back as a result of not fixing the problem from the get go...our eating habits.
    I know for a fact I am a comfort food eater and it is the number one cause for my weight gain. I do not eat junk food, however I could at one time sit down and eat 2 bananas and 2 apples in one sitting then eat 2 grapefruits an hour later. Yes these are healthy food..yet should be eaten on moderation and they are packed in natural sugars and we all know the spot on our bodies the sugar like to hang out in.
    Do not beat yourself up over your gain as you have taken the first step in acknowledging you have an eating problem. I will be happy to help motivate you on your journey.
  • PurpleCupcakes07
    Options
    Hi. We are the same weight and have the same overall goal. This is not my first time here but I'm back and motivated to take this journey one day at a time this time. Sending request:)
  • Brittany3oh3
    Options
    I added you. Try not to eat after a certain time like 6pm. It's hard but once you get a routine going it gets easier. GL.