Brussel Sprouts ideas

Options
Petrapoo45
Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
Okay, so I have no clue why, or where they came from but I have like 4 bags of frozen Brussels sprouts. I happen to like them sauteed in a little butter...but I live in a large family who doesnt like them. Any ideas how to spruce up the sprouts??!

Replies

• penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm sprouts! oven roasted with a little olive oil/coconut oil & salt n pepper or once in a while we roast ours with a couple sllices of bacon and a splash of maple syrup or maple syrup/agave blend....mmmm tasty
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I cut them in half, toss in a bowl with olive oil, place on a cookie sheet, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese and little salt. Roast at 375 until slightly browned on edges. {usually 35-40 mins}
  • 8Sam12
    8Sam12 Posts: 61
    Options
    Brussel sprouts, potatoes, butter, bacon bits in a bake with a gratin sauce (like you'd make potato gratin) or just some egg or sour cream, top with some cheese. Not exactly low cal but if you're counting, just have the sprouts without the potatoes maybe?
  • clane55
    clane55 Posts: 9
    Options
    I make them by putting them in a 1/2 cup of water and cook them for about 5 mins. then drain, I then put a couple ounces of velveeta cheese in. As long as you are portioning the cheese amount and are measuring the portion size you should be good! Hope this helps, another idea could be to use some low fat shredded chesse and melt on them?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. I am pretty set with gently steamed and a few spritz of spray butter. MMMMMM! I can't do frozen though. I buy fresh almost every week.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Fantastic ideas guys!! I will clean them out of my freezer yet!! this is my goal! haha
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    These are gold!!! I've always over cooked them and they ended up on the sulphery not-so-tasty list. These are brilliant! I need to go and buy some brussels right now!! :)