Need new pedometer

Options
Right now I have a Sportline 345DS I got at Big 5 for about $21. I've had it for a few months & it's a piece of ****. It keeps resetting itself back to zero. Sorry I spent the money on it.
I'm looking for a pedometer that tracks steps, distance, calories & time spent on activity. It doesn't have to have a lot of bells & whistles. I'd like to be able to clip it to my waistband or pocket.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I have the older version of this Omron pedometer. It even has the same model number, but looks a little different:
    http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-Digital-Pocket-Pedometer/dp/B0000U1OCI

Mine does not show the fat grams burned. Not sure how that is figured. I'm guessing it is estimated off the "aerobic" steps.

I wear mine all day. It tracks my total steps for the day. Tells the time. Counts the "aerobic steps and time walking in the "aerobic" mode (60 steps per minute or more than 10 minutes continuously). Estimates distance (based on your average stride). It also stimates calories burned (not all day calories like a Fitbit pedometer, just those burned while taking steps. I do not consider this number in my calorie consumption.)

If I didn't already have this pedometer, I might consider the Fitbit One instead, as it will give you an all day calorie burn estimate and can tell you how well you sleep at night. But then, it is four times the cost of the Omron, so if you mainly want to count your steps and push yourself to do a bit more each day then the Omron is a bargain.

I believe I saw the Omron at Walmart, too. I can't recall the price but I think it was a little more than Amazon.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input. I have read been reading reviews for both the Fitbit Zip & the One. It seems that the One is the way to go. It has everything I could want in a fitness tracker. I'll be saving up to buy it.
    In the meantime, I'll be working with the one I have. I'll try to be more careful about it not brushing against anything like my car seatbelt, etc so it won't reset itself. Perhaps I'll wear it on my bra strap instead of my pocket.