Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Healthy Snacks???

edkp58
edkp58 Posts: 11 Member
Hey MFP, I need your expertise. I don't like eating more meals per day; it's hard enough trying to do the 3. I've been hungry as of late and end up snacking on fruit or trailmix and though better than the FULL bag of Hot Fries or Red Hot Riplets (best STL chips btw) that I used to eat they are still not the healthiest snack in terms of sugar intake. I'm also not a fan of cold veggies- so raw carrots and Ranch dressing is out! I need suggestions for a good low cal, low sugar, high protein snack (yep all wrapped up in one). If it doesn't need to be refrigerated and I can keep it in my desk at work and in the car that would be SUPER! Thx!

Replies

• Joleca
    Joleca Posts: 29 Member
    For me, best " low cal, low sugar, high protein snack (yep all wrapped up in one)." is Jerky.. All protein, low fat, no sugar (read the labels) and needs no refrigeration. 1 oz is usually about 80-90 calories.

My favorite is turkey jerky and I really love the brand they have at Sam's Club (Jack Links).. Its just made from turkey breast and really delicious. I always have a bag in my desk at work (matter of fact I'm getting low), and you can always throw some in a zip-lock bag in your purse if you know you're going to be out and about.
  • gmhenry2014
    gmhenry2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Hi, you could consider lower sugar fruit, like berries; full of anti oxidants too. Whey protein ticks all the boxes & is really convenient. Make sure you're taking on plenty of water. Sometimes dehydration can cause you to feel hungry.