what pizza do you eat?

Options

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Cheese generally. The italian place near makes something called cajun chicken pizza. It's pretty much buffalo chicken pizza with a slight spice to it.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When we eat out, 90% of the time we eat pizza at Godfather's (my hubby's favorite place to eat). One slice (small pie) of veggie style pizza is only 250 calories. So it's easy to make room in your daily allowance for 2 slices without having to sacrifice too much at your other meals. Hamburger pizza is not much worse at about 300 calories per small slice. Like others have said, if I know we'll be eating pizza for supper, I just have slightly small breakfast/lunch meals or just do a longer cardio workout to burn off the extra calories. No need to sacrifice what you love to lose weight. Just eat in moderation :o)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    make your own ..

I get a boboli whole wheat thin crust
    add mozzarella
    pinneaple
    chicken
    black olives
    feta
    pizza sauce

Mine usually comes in about 200 calories a slice 1200 for the whole thing….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Any and all pizza. Seriously. I just work it into my allowance. I make my own or get the local stuff here. I cannot, will not give up pizza.

pretty much this!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    we have pizza once a week and its from a hometown pizza place. I order it half and half. its a handtossed crust. I order my half vegie pizza with jalapenos. I always have a big glass of water with it and big side salad. I take out my two slices and tell my husband that is it for me. don't let me have anymore. its fine usually because he eats the rest for me before he eats his side. I don't feel guilty at all because I will plan my day around it. I tried thin crust and we both didn't like it.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Papa Johns...
    If I really want it, I work out for it.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Make my own:

Crust - half whole wheat / half white
    homemade pizza sauce
    Gorgonzola cheese
    chicken
    honey

*Note: Pizza is overpriced here and you can't choose your own toppings - set menu selection only.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I eat regular pizza out occasionally. Sometimes at home, I make pizza using Flat Out Wraps as the crust or sometimes I make a "pizza" on top of a portabella mushroom. Roast the mushroom for a 6-8 minutes or so, then top like a pizza an put back in the oven until the cheese is good and melted. I eat the mushroom pizza a lot, because I like it and its easy, not just to cure a pizza craving. Pizza craving requires the real thing!
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Make my own:

homemade pizza sauce
    Gorgonzola cheese
    chicken
    honey

*Note: Pizza is overpriced here and you can't choose your own toppings - set menu selection only.

What sort of horrible place wouldn't let you choose your own toppings?
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I don't really buy pizza out. If I have a serious craving about it I would do it on my own. I use whole wheat flour, plenty of veggies, olive oil (never vegetable oils), feta cheese, a little bit of mozzarella, self made tomato sauce, and plenty of seasonings. And it tastes so much better than the bought one actually, and on top of that is much healthier in moderate intake.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Make my own:

homemade pizza sauce
    Gorgonzola cheese
    chicken
    honey

What sort of horrible place wouldn't let you choose your own toppings?

South Korea. Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Domino plus all Korean branded places too. Nobody lets you "build" your own pizza. I showed my friend one of the pizza place's "build" your own pizza web app and he was shocked. Also, the same pizza would cost 2-3x here. That's if you can get past sweet potato crust or the usual corn and mayonnaise on top.

*http://www.pizzahut.co.kr/sizeUp.do
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I only eat cruelty free pizza.

I make sure it's dead before I cook it. All the great taste, and no guilt
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Make my own.

Whole wheat flat bread.
    Organic pizza sauce.
    Onions caramelized in balsamic
    Beacon, mushrooms & goat cheese!!!

Its amazing!!!
  • LadyW1nger
    LadyW1nger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The Papa Murphys deLite pizzas are wonderful. The Mediterranean Chicken with sun-dried tomatoes is to die for. One slice of a large pizza is around 180 calories, so its definitely easy to fit a few slices of that into your day! They make lots of other deLite pizzas too - pepperoni, chicken bacon artichoke, etc.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I tried the Dominos gluten free pizza. It was 10" lower calories than the thin crust. I don't care about the gluten free part, I just found a way to fit more pizza into my calories for the day :). It wasn't bad at all for a last minute decision. The drawback was the cost, good luck finding a deal on 10" pizzas :(

Add ham, bacon, chicken, some onion, pineapple, and green pepper and since I was wanting something different I had BBQ sauce for a bit sweeter taste.

The whole pizza was 990 calories or 165/slice.

If I plan for it, I eat a few slices of whatever I want and keep it to just those slices. The problem is I have to eventually finish off the pizza so I need to plan more than one day of pizza :)
  • Hansonian
    Hansonian Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know that making your own is a lot of work and some time so it's not always plausible. I love to make my own, but it's just not realistic sometimes. For those times, these are my favorite:

1. Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Deep Dish Margherita Pizza - 320 cal for a small pizza!

2. DiGiorno Harvest Wheat Thin Crispy Crust Supreme Pizza - about 250 cal per slice

3. Amy's Whole Wheat Crust Pizza Cheese & Pesto - I love the unique pesto idea! It's about 350 cal per slice, but it's packed with good-for-you stuff.
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a good sauce to reccomend for homemade pizza? I've made it at home before, but the sauce is never wuite as good as delivery. :(
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If I want a slice I eat a slice and just fit it into my calories for the day.

I like to make my own using Ezekiel tortillas. They crisp up nice in the oven. I generally top it with tomato sauce, roasted red peppers, cheddar cheese, olives, red onions and sliced mushrooms.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If I want real pizza, I work it into my day and eat low cal for my other meals. Otherwise I make my own using flatbread wraps with lots of veggies, or the other day I made an open faced omelet with pizza sauce and toppings which turned out amazingly good.
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    We make our own here too. Just a normal crust, but we do use whole wheat flower. I look at the labels and pic a sauce that doesn't seem too bad, but they're all similar. Some mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni.

I just like to make it ourselves because we know what's in it and can measure it for accurate calorie count. Tastes great!