Muffin recipies

Options
Ive searched and searched and I can't find a really healthy muffin recipe ..any help? thats filling..

Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Here are my pumpkin power muffins...they are huge and very filling!

Ingredients
    Raley's Fine Foods - Canned Garbanzo Beans Reduced Sodium, 1 container (437.5 gs ea.)
    Libby's - Pumpkin (15 oz Can), 1 can
    Mott's - Natural Applesauce-unsweetened, 1 cup
    Quaker - Oatmeal - Old Fashioned, 1 cup dry
    Sunnyside Farms - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 3/4 cup raw
    Mccormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract, 2 TBS
    Plantation - Blackstrap - Unsulphured Molasses (With Correct Potassium Info), 2 Tbsp. (21g)
    Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Hearts, 30 g (3 Tbsp)
    Diamond - Chopped Pecans Net Carbs, 1/2 cup (60g)
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 2 tsp
    Spices - Ginger, ground, 0.5 tsp
    Spices - Cloves, ground, 0.5 tsp
    Spices - Nutmeg, ground, 0.25 tsp
    Baking soda, 1 tsp
    Shur Fine - Baking Powder, 1 tsp
    3/8 cup splenda (or to your taste)
    Optimum Nutrition - Performance 100% Whey Isolate - Vanilla Shake (Costco), 3 scoops
    1/8-1/4 cup water (depending consistency)

Directions

Mix garbanzo beans with egg substitute in the blender until smooth. Add applesauce and all the spices, baking powder and baking soda. Mix again until blended. Add molasses, pumpkin and 1/8-1/4 cup water in the blender and mix again. (Water varies depending on how wet the pumpkin is....my blender will cease up if I mix it all at once so I do it in stages. I also add water to get it moving again as needed and usually around ¼ cup....just don’t overdo it).

Transfer mix to a bowl. Add hemp hearts (chia works too), splenda, and oatmeal. Mix until incorporated. Now add protein powder. Mix with hand blender until smooth. I sometimes mix all of this in the blender and am fine....just be sure to add it in small steps if you skip mixing with a hand mixer.

Pour into silicon cupcake molds. If you use another type of mold, be sure to oil/grease them. They will be full up to the top of the mold...they don’t rise much so don’t worry.

The next step is easiest if you have a digital scale but if not, just divide the 60 grams chopped pecans over the top of the muffins. If you have a scale, sprinkle 5 grams on each muffin mold. Mix nuts into the muffins with a pointy instrument like a chopstick...this will ensure each one has the exact amount of nuts.

Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes depending on your oven and the molds you use.

Per serving (12 in total):
    CALORIES 188 CARBS 20 FAT 7 PROTEIN 14 SODIUM 265 SUGAR 8
  • woahohjme
    woahohjme Posts: 28
    Options
    Oh sounds yummy! Thank you
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    They totally are...they are a version of Jamie Eason's recipe from her live fit trainer series..I tweeked it to make it my own. I eat them every day! Keep them in the fridge! They are also great with raisins or even chocolate chips...enjoy!
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BLUEBERRY OATMEAL MUFFINS- 127 CALORIES- I made these today they are really good , I added some cinnamon to the mix

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/insanely-good-blueberry-oatmeal-muffins.html

Insanely Good Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 12 • Serving Size: 1 muffin • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 127 • Fat: 2.3 g • Protein: 2.8 g • Carb: 28.4 g • Fiber: 2.2 g • Sugar: 17.3 g
    Sodium: 222.7 mg

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups Quaker quick or Original oatmeal
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or skim milk)
    1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
    2 tbsp agave (or sugar, honey)
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    2 egg whites
    1 tbsp oil
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup white whole wheat flour ( or regular flour)
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 cup fresh blueberries
    baking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with oil.

Place oats in a food processor or chopper and pulse a few times. Soak oats in milk for about 30 minutes.

In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, agave, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well.

In a third bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine.

Combine oats and milk with sugar, applesauce mixture and mix well. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries.

Spoon into the sprayed muffin tin ( or sprayed foil cups on a cooie sheet) and bake for 22-24 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
  • ambrosiah
    ambrosiah Posts: 20
    Options
    Banana Flax Bran Whole Wheat Muffins

Ingredients

•1 large ripe banana
    •2 tsp olive oil
    •1 egg
    •1/4 cup brown sugar (unpacked)
    •1/2 cup ground flaxseed
    •1/4 cup whole wheat flour
    •1/2 cup bran buds or crushed bran flakes
    •1/2 tsp baking soda

Directions

•Preheat over to 350 and place cupcake liners into muffin tin.
    •Mash banana in bowl and then mix in oil, egg and sugar.
    •In separate bowl mix flaxseed, baking soda, wheat flour and bran. Then combine with wet ingredients and stir until blended.
    •Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes (or a few minutes longer if not done yet).
    Yields 5-6 muffins. Approximately 140 calories per muffin.