What's your favorite diet food?

Options
YEP. I'm asking because I want to see some positive cheering on about certain foods. No more craving ice cream. I want to crave something healthy.

List ONE healthy food that you consider your favorite.

I have just decided what mine is. It's been mine for years, I realize, and having finally stocked up for a healthy March (I eat whatever is in my house, which means if I stock crap I eat crap, and if I stock healthy I eat healthy).

- Canned Tuna, 3 oz. -

Tuna is my absolute favorite. Extremely high protein, acceptable sodium, affordable, freaking tasty, single-serving ready, and goes with any number of things.

Like what? Any kind of salad. Pasta. Add it into casseroles. Eat it by itself, out of a can, with added spices and maybe a little mayo or mustard (college taught me well). Turn it into a shmear for bagels, or a dip for chips - yeah, it's possible. And awesome.

Anyway, that's a food that I think is AWESOME and love to eat without any guilt.

What's yours??

Replies

• motivationisthekeyy
    Options
    Mine is grilled or baked chicken!

I marinade it in any kind of spices or marinades I can find that are low in calories.

Eat it alone or with veggies for dinner.

Cut it up & put it on a salad.

I like to dip it in mustard when I put certain spices on it.

I also like to turn it into fajitas, there is a kit by Old El Paso & they are very low in calories if you only put the seasoning with onions and bell peppers!

Delicious!
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Homemade thai green curry or sweet potato and chilli soup, any soup to be honest! I make a homemade pizza as a treat every now and again, still only 600 cals. I'm having salmon with cauliflower cheese tonight. If you the the time to make the sauces, you can shave calories off everywhere.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My favourite meal is..
    Turkey Roulade, stuffed with mozzarella and basil, wrapped in trimmed bacon on a bed on smashed new potatoes mixed with spinach

My favourite snack is..
    Non fat Cottage cheese with honey and blueberries with a side of scrambled eggs and bacon.

Just loooove food!!! Darn I'm a good cook..
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    chicken blood
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash. Easy to cook, get a couple servings out of just one squash, it is extremely filling and voluminous and so very, very diverse. I have a number of healthy go-to recipes to top it including a spicy fire roasted tomato sauce with olives, a sweeter tomato sauce with sage and white beans or just simple olive oil, garlic and parmesan.
  • flufftofab
    flufftofab Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Flank steak, eggs, avocado, feta, asparagus, flounder to name a few.:smile:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    A favorite snack for me is apples with peanut butter. Healthy, filling and oh so yummy!!
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My favourite food right now is a BIG bowl of Salad with add arugula and Balsamic dressing i cant get enough right now
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese!
  • amymfr
    amymfr Posts: 17
    Options
    Avocado, veggies with hummus, peanut butter, raw almonds, greek yogurt.....Satisfying, full of good proteins and delicious!!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Eggs - so versatile! Suitable for any meal, even snacks.
  • nrf111
    nrf111 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Avocados!

I make guacamole that I eat with chips made from either chickpeas or brown rice.

I put it on salads for lunch.

I mix it with spices and put it on chicken tacos or steak burritos (all made at home to minimize extra calories and processed food in fast food).

Basically, they replaced cheese for me. :-)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My favorite's are tuna, eggs, boneless skinless chicken tenders or breasts.
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies

intriguing! what is it?
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Curried chickpeas, either as a meal or roasted til they're crunchy as a snack.
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread with 2tbs crunchy pb, with sliced blackberries and strawberries on top
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Avocado, whole wheat toast w/natural peanut butter, ALL fruit (really helps with sugar cravings)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, the kind with the oil separation. I have a love affair with it.
    Had ice cream last night too. it was awesome!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Double Decker Taco Supreme from Taco Bell.

350 calories, 14g protein, 7g fiber. 100% Awesome.