My feet need HELP!

Options
I am trying to incorporate jogging into my walks and was wondering if any of you could recommend a good pair of running shoes? My feet give out long before the rest of my body does...I want to be able to jog longer distances without the pads of my feet feeling like they're on fire. Should I just buy some Dr. Scholl's shoe inserts...or invest in some really good sneakers? Please help?!

Replies

• bagsrpacked
    Options
    go to your local running store and have them fit you for a good pair of shoes. They might cost a little more there than they would at Target, but your feet (and legs, and butt) will thank you. I used to get horrible shin splints - getting fitted fixed that issue AND the "numb toe" syndrome. I found out that in running shoes, I needed a whole different size than in my regular shoes ... this might be part of your issue - and in addition, depending on how you land, you can buy different shoes that will help to offset the shock.

Once you know what kind of shoes you like and that fit well, you can order your next pair online ... you'll make up the difference in cost by doing that ... but it was so worth the extra $15 I spent on the shoes to have the expertise of the fitting and to get the advice on when to replace them, etc - they have been really helpful to me as I've been moving from a "beginning" runner to a distance runner.
  • pnaymommy3
    Options
    Thanks for the advice...I'm going to look up some running stores in my area and hopefully find something for my feet! :)