Help! Paleo!

Options
Hey! So I did Paleo a couple years ago, I only stuck to it for a few months but I am starting it again!! I started today. I know what I am and am not allowed to eat, but I'm so uncreative when it comes to cooking and I can't remember any of the things I used to make. I would love to hear what you guys eat and maybe some yummy paleo friendly recipes!

Replies

• beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    Google these, because I don't feel like finding you links right now. : )

Nom Nom Paleo

Civilized Caveman

PaleOMG

The Urban Poser

Good luck!
  • ilovegreg05
    ilovegreg05 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about doing a sustainable diet strategy that you can stick to long than a few months?

Just my opinion, but good ol calorie restriction is very sustainable and works every time 100% of the time.
  • beccalyse
    Options
    I'm Paleo and (not intentionally, but still) calorie-restricted. I stay with Paleo because of the health benefits.

I guess I don't understand why you feel it's not sustainable.
  • ilovegreg05
    Options
    It's food group restrictions are high enough to where most people would have issues with adherence. If you can sustain and you like it, go for it by all means.
  • witeowl
    witeowl Posts: 89
    Options
    Have you thought about doing a sustainable diet strategy that you can stick to long than a few months?

Just my opinion, but good ol calorie restriction is very sustainable and works every time 100% of the time.

Why can't people on these boards just answer the original question and, if they don't have an answer to that, butt out? If she wanted to know whether people thought paleo was a good idea, she would have asked that. :grumble:
  • ilovegreg05
    Options

Why can't people on these boards just answer the original question and, if they don't have an answer to that, butt out? If she wanted to know whether people thought paleo was a good idea, she would have asked that. :grumble:

Hmm, doesn't look like you answered her question nor did you post with anything on topic.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been doing primal for a year or so now. Never felt better personally. Here is a link to a lot of easy recipes.

http://www.paleoplan.com/recipes/

There a few groups on here that are great too primal/paleo support is one of them :) Good luck
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Civilized Caveman

PaleOMG

I second these!
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I second PaleOMG - love her blog.

Tonight we're having sweet potato and carrot cakes, five-spice chicken legs, and a green drink:
    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2009/04/five_spice_roast_chicken
    http://www.multiplydelicious.com/thefood/2012/09/sweet-potato-carrot-cakes/

Yesterday we had pan-fried pork chops and roasted cauliflower.
    The day before, I think, was broiled tenderloin and sweet potato.

You're welcome to check out my diary for ideas - I'm not perfectly paleo, but most of my dinners are at least primal. :) Good luck!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

If someone posted asking for the best way to slit their wrists (extreme example), are you going to simply answer the question or are you going to offer a different solution that YOU believe is a better option? Calm down and welcome to opposing opinions on the forums.

ETA:

Try here, OP. While I agree with the other poster about finding something that you'll be able to adhere to long term, and that not being a diet that is restrictive when it's not necessary due to medical conditions, here are some groups on this site that you may find info from:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group
  • LyndsMill
    Options
    Agree. The ol' calories in vs. calories out method works every time. I've done Paleo and it wasn't for me. That being said, to each their own. Do what works best for you!
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you have a pinterest, there are paleo/primal recipe boards on there now.

Also, in addition to the food blogs already mentioned, try these as well:

The Clothes Make the Girl

Meatified

Nutty Kitchen (some of the recipes have dairy, but all are gluten free and some are strict paleo)
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    two websites...... paleomg.com and everydaypaleo.com have wonderful ideas and recipes. i didn't lose squat on paleo, all the nuts and nutbutters were my downfall, plus i ate a lot of avacados. i know that stuff is healthy and blah blah blah, but if my *kitten* wasn't melting off, well that was a problem too.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    www.nerdfitness.com is pretty good (they reference marksdailyapple for a lot of stuff).

I mention nerd fitness vice marks daily apple because they now have an iphone app :D
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is that you don't follow fad diets. Unless you have a medical reason for excluding foods from your diet, eat all of the food groups. Check out http://www.choosemyplate.gov/food-groups/. Take the advice of professional nutritionists, not the ones selling books and not guys who write blogs telling you to eat like a caveman.
  • beccalyse
    Options
    I LOVE NerdFitness. It's what convinced me to go Paleo in the first place.

They don't post recipes, but they do post GREAT advice on fitness, health, nutrition, setting good goals, the list goes on. They do regular challenges on their message boards as well. I'm a week into a challenge now, as a matter of fact.

Really, I can't recommend NF enough. Go check it out.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I personally do not eat Paleo, but have gotten some good recipes from The Domestic Man blog (http://thedomesticman.com/). His story is pretty incredible too.
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    OMGPaleo is pretty amazing, not to mention she has some nice sweet treat ideas (which I really like).

On a side note, I basically just get my meats (chicken, fish, turkey) and just do creative things with the veggies.
    For example, mashed Cauliflower, or cabbage "noodles", lettuce/leaf wraps, stir fry with anything/everything green, stuffed bell peppers, etc.

Coconut milk (unsweetened) makes a great curry sauce to put on veggies and meat. Add a little sweet potato too, I eat that almost daily.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    meat, vegetables, fruit and nuts. But no grains or dairy cause they make you fat.

:huh: