Ready For the New Me

Options
Hi there!

I'm in my late 20s and have always, in my adult life, been on the heavier side (I've fluctuated from a size 10/12 to an 18/20) and feel like I've just recently woken up. I've been doing 30DS off and on with some girlfriends of mine for a little over a month but want to get serious about making the changes that are going to keep me around for a long, long time.

My daughter turned two years old last week and I've been thinking about the many memories I want to create with her as she grows. I've also been thinking a lot about my own mortality (not sure why) and even though I'm relatively healthy, I've really started to recognize that if I don't start taking care of my body the way I should be that I won't be "healthy" for the long term.

All that said, I'm focusing on making better food choices, being more active, getting in enough rest, and drinking plenty of water every day. I would love to keep in touch with people who are interested in doing the same. For me, this isn't a diet- it's a lifestyle change. There will be times where I go out and have an unhealthy meal but that'll be the exception instead of the norm.

Replies

• am8509
    am8509 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good for you Holli!
  • Beata375
    Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I, too, have made the decision (in January) to make this a lifetime journey vs diet (although I am trying to lose weight). I have gone through all my food and thrown out anything and everything that has any HFCS, etc. I have 2 kids (one school age and a toddler (although to me she is still a baby). Good luck on your journey! I keep learning new things as I keep moving forward. I have noticed that the more I clean up my eating, the better and better I feel!
  • gates49512
    gates49512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good for you Holli! It sounds like we are both in the same boat on making some life changes. But Holli the thing you have on me is a greater future of time. I tell you that to encourage you. I remember when my sons were two years old. I wish that I would have been more serious about my weight when my kids were two years old.

So you have time to make those changes that you want to in order to enjoy the time with your child, but be aware that time goes by quickly. Now is your time, you can do this.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to.

-g
  • happy_heart_jen
    happy_heart_jen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making some new changes! I too have recently realized that yes I do have to make lifestyle changes, not short term ones. My focus is on health and wellbeing instead of just looking a certain way or being a certain weight. I don't have any kids yet, but I want to be as healthy as I can be before I (hopefully) have children. My current focus is on sleep, water, exercise, avoiding office snacks, and working to figure out when I'm actually hungry!