Kettlebells

Options
Anyone use 'em and how do you log it? Cardio or Strength Training?

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    well, I would say strength training.

Some people like them and some dont.

They're like dumbells but I think sometimes certain excercises are a little more comfortable to some people using the kettles (more ergonomical??)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I use them like a sort of aerobic exercise and it really get the HR up so I was curious I can't find a listing for them under either.
  • Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Strenght training
  • HappyJamese17
    Options
    I log them under the strength training tab in the cardio section. They are great for sculpting your body and getting your heart rate up. If you want some good exercises to do with them, go to YouTube . I've gotten a lot from there. Good luck :)
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey:),

Kettlebells… okay, it’s depends on the workout, for example, I’ve workout with Ketteworx.com (DVDs and Kettlebells at home), this workout provides 3 most important elements of fitness – cardio, core, and resistance AND all at the same time. You’re toning every muscle, getting resistance plus cardio. With Kettlebells, you are working your entire (except you eyeballs) body swinging that kettlebell. It does increase tone, flexibility and strength.

I'd do what "HappyJamese17" said and log it as strength training tab in the cardio section..

Hope this helps…..
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I always thought that kettlebells were nothing more that dumbbells with handles. No longer!!! I have several kettlebells and I can tell you from experience that they are very different animals. Done properly, kettlebells will give you a great strength workout as well as cardio. That being said, I would list it under "cardio".

Go to a gym or Crossfit that can teach you the proper technique before you hurt yourself!
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i agree with singfree, you need to get the technique right or could store up lots of problems. take care.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Lets all keep in mind though, "cardio with weights" and strength training are two different things completely.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I would put it under general circuit training..covers both cardio and strenght