Do you count calories in Vegetables?

Options
I never count calories in vegetables. I will with fruit though.

How about you guys?

Replies

• CarrieBeck29
    CarrieBeck29 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I count vegetables and fruit, but if it causes my sugar or carbohydrate count to exceed my limit/goal, I don't really care since they're good for you.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yes, the large quantity of raw vegetables I eat tends to make up a large portion of my calorie intake. If you don't count vegetable calories you may be filling in your "extra" calories, that aren't really there, with things that are not healthy. For me, it would be self-sabotage to pretend those calories I ate did not exist, even if they're extremely healthy calories.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I Count everything I that eat...

All foods have calories - you lose weight by burning more than you consume - If I don’t' track them all how can I be accurate?

I know a lot of ppl on here don't track certain things, but it doesn't work for me.

I want to be accountable and honest with myself. I also like to be able to look back and know what I am lacking in, or eating too much of. Some veggies are high in sugar or carbs.

That being said, everyone on MFP does things differently, if it works for you I wouldn't worry.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    They have calories, so yes.

Eating fruits and veggies at a surplus will still result in weight gain.
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log all my veggies and fruits as well as anything that I eat. I even log chewing gum. You should account for all calories that you eat. I also log all my Propel and Sobe drinks too!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    maybe, if I only eat one lima bean- I may not count it.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I track fiber. Veggies make that shizz go RED!
  • Grace4DebraAnn
    Grace4DebraAnn Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I agree completely, you have to be honest with yourself and accountable.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Anything I put in my mouth that has calories gets counted.

The point of the site is to track calories, not fool yourself into thinking you ate less than you really did.
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm on a weight loss plan, so I count EVERYTHING! When I am at goal weight all non-starchy veggies will be freebies :-)
  • lisabruce12
    lisabruce12 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! They have calories....
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    of course!

a) you have to log EVERYTHING in order to use this site to it's potential and to monitor what is and isn't working.
    b) there wouldn't be much left to log if I didn't!

:-)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yes, of coarse I count them! I count everything I eat. Well except vits and other supplements.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    edit: Actually, I take back my snarky/jokey reply.

I do track them for the most part, but I don't kill myself over it. If I'm the one cooking, I weigh them because it's just as easy to do as not to. But if someone else in the house is cooking, I won't ask them how much they put in a recipe just so that I can be PERFECT. I will try to be as accurate as possible with potatoes without being weird. :) I can't think of any other veggies that I eat that are high enough in calories or that are eaten in large enough quantities at once to merit real serious strict measuring.

But I do at least mention them in passing when I log my food, yeah.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If you are here to lose weight - count everything you eat! While vegetables are low in calories, they can still add up. A calorie is a calorie....
  • Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I track fiber. Veggies make that shizz go RED!

Ha! :laugh: Same here.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I do count vegetables on MFP. I don't count vegetables tracking on WW online, it's part of the program that vegetables are "free". Yes I double track.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Veggies are food, so yes.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Wow.. if I didn't log veggies I'd never get above 1,000 calories a day .... OMG I'd be in starvation mode!!!!

heeeelpppp