Soooooo what now

Options
for those of you who have survived the day long binge. any advice for eating 4000+ and living the next day?

Replies

• fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    You gotta pick yourself up and start again the next day.

DO NOT beat yourself up. A Lot, if not all, of us have been there. It will be fine. Can you identify why it happened and all of your triggers. If you can it might be helpful to write it down so you can see it later if you need to.

I have been there and it totally sucks! But you have to pick yourself up and get back on track as soon as possible. PLEASE do not do what I do and convince yourself to wait until Monday to start again and binge until then. I always do that and then I will end up binging day in and day out until that "specific start day" happens to roll around.

It may feel like you are gunna die but you won't. Try and learn something from this binge so you don't convince yourself it was a complete loss. Good Luck! It WILL be OKAY!
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just brush of and start fresh tomorrow. I ate 3000kcal on Saturday and Sunday, and definitely not beating myself up for it.

A slip up here or there won`t hurt in the long run, as long as you get back on the wagon and remind yourself of your intentions and the benefits of sustaining a healthier lifestyle.

Now, go for a run. Joke. Or work a little bit harder this week to make up for the slip up.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, considering you just started out, figure out what triggered it. Then find another way to deal and do not do it again and start over! :flowerforyou:

I have found out the hard way, that there is no quick fix, no magic anything that can do this. It's all on me. Eating, making healthier choices, moving as best you can, measure your food, measure you, don't be a slave to the scale, patience, willpower and water. If you want this bad enough you can do this. If it isn't something you are prepared to do everyday for the rest of your life, don't do it. If I can do this - so can you!:bigsmile:
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes,... Dont beat yourself up over it.. Whats done is done and the next day is a blank canvas. The next day or two.. Drink lots of water or other no calorie/no caffeine beverages like herbal teas, seltzer water, etc. eat more lean protein(light tuna, skinless chicken breast, cottage cheese, low fat string cheese, egg whites, etc.) than typical and a lot less carbs, especially simple ones such as baked goods, pasta, breads, etc. eats lots of fresh, raw or lightly steams veggies, and eat fresh fruits, just make sure you eat it with a fat or protein if you can like all natural peanut butter, greek yogurt(plain if you can), cottage cheese, low fat cheese, etc.
    Remind yourself why you eat.. To nourish your body not to feed your emotions or to num yourself(i did that alot) i would go into what i all an eating coma or trance. Id be present for the first mouthful or two then go "somewhere" only to return as i hit the bottom of the container...
    Food is NOT an emergency no matter how hungry you think you are at that moment you are able to step back and say i can eat this and I can taste my food without inhaling it. I can eat all of this, I just dont have to eat it all right now! Take a bite, taste it, put the utensil down while you chew and TASTE what is in your mouth. Once you swallow your food, WAIT atleast 10 seconds before you take the next bite. During those 10 seconds just look at your food, assess it, IT is not your enemy,,,, your MIND is.
    Set a timer the next time you feel a binge coming on... Set it for 10 or 15 minutes... Once it goes off... STOP.. Jump in the shower, pick up the phone, go on MFP, take a walk... DISTRACT yourself from the binge for at least 20 minutes. Whatever you do get away from the source of food... Make it unattainable... Thats why i used to take a hot shower. Once i got out of the shower, id make a cup of camomile tea and quietly sip it... It really helped.
    Good luck. You CAN overcome this! Trust me. For more about my struggles feel free to read my blogs chronicling my struggles.