I eat to much at work

Options
I work and go to college and a lot of the time I do 14 hr days. I have school in the morning, then maybe a small break, and then work all night. This makes it hard to find times to eat normal meals. What I end up doing is eating lunch around 2 and then if I don't get a lunch break at work I don't get another chance to eat anything until 10pm when I get out of work so I eat then. I usually end up eating a snack on my break, this usually isn't the healthiness option. On days that I do get a lunch break I eat lunch, go to work and then wait until my lunch break and eat something and then still come home at 10 and have dinner, because my lunch break is usually semi early and I'm hungry again by the time I get home. So I feel like I end up eating much more than I need too. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    can you pack healthy snacks/lunches to bring with you? Carrots with hummus, a small baggie of almonds, etc? Maybe that would help.
  • lilmissmicro
    Options
    Bring snacks!
  • squinz
    squinz Posts: 136
    Options
    I work 14.5.hr days and know how hard it is. I have been changing meal orders round which really helps me. I have a large bowl of porridge on work days (keeps me full longer) and the eat a large meal at lunchtime. In the evening I just have a small lunch. I find being very organised helps. Take snacks (fruit, rice cakes, low cal cereal bars etc.) and eat these throughout the day.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hour shifts with 2 hours of commute, i feel your pain! Definitely look into some portable snacks. Trail mix, greek yogurt cups, fruit, cut up veggies, homemade muffins, etc. It doesnt sound like you are a breakfast person? I never feel like eating immediately after getting up, so I eat my breakfast at work when Im ready. You could try making a smoothie or shake to take with you :)