Ovary infection/inflammation and weight gain

Options
Hello,everybody!could an ovary inflammation cause a 2 lbs weight gain?I've been sick for two weeks and I gained that much,although I ate in my calorie allowance.

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course it could.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course it could.

this!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Possibly, yes.

I am in a similar situation but I have managed to lose about 1.5kg by some sheer miracle I guess, since I have been stuffing my face and not getting up much at all since it all started.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Of course. If you have been unwell or in pain you are likely moving less, and therefore burning less energy each day. Hope you get well soon. Keep strong.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    No, I didn't mean because she is burning less calories!

OP, I meant the internal inflammation caused by an infection will make the scale tell a big fat lie. You didn't gain two pounds, dear. Not unless you ate a ton of food. Don't listen to Georgina. Heal your body, first and foremost, and give it a bit of time to return to normal. Don't worry about the scale while your ill.

Hope you're well soon. :flowerforyou:
  • mokotutza
    mokotutza Posts: 20
    Options
    I think you're right,the inflammation could cause the ovaries to swell and giving me a fake weight gain.I've been eating under my calorie goal and I'm hoping for the best.Thank you all for your input.