Calling all morning exercisers for advice!

Options
13»

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. :)

I think I'm going to treat myself to a protein bar in the morning (never had one before) and maybe a coffee from Starbucks (Wish it was a Costa :( ) on my walk to work! That is, if I do well.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Working out on the morning makes me feel a lot better actually. I feel like I have more energy and don't drag all day (especially since I have a desk job). I prefer it also because there are a lot less people, so I can take my time and get the equipment I want.
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    Working out on the morning makes me feel a lot better actually. I feel like I have more energy and don't drag all day (especially since I have a desk job). I prefer it also because there are a lot less people, so I can take my time and get the equipment I want.

Sounds like a great idea. I have a desk job too, so hopefully this will work in the same way for me!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I am planning to get in some morning exercise before I start work tomorrow, for the first time. However, I am a little nervous that it's going to make me tired for the rest of the day.

How do YOU cope? How does it affect you?

When I started working out in the morning I found that I had more energy throughout the entire day. I do weight lifting and I lift heavy. I also do cardio. It does depend on the day. I follow a whole routine. I also find that working out in the morning gives me the energy to work out in the evenings as well. It really helps me with my schedule.
  • JuliaAlison
    JuliaAlison Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You will be on a "high" knowing you worked out - no excuses!!
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Once you get acclimated to the routine you will be just fine.
  • Arais12
    Arais12 Posts: 5
    Options
    Morning workouts give me amazing energy throughout the day! I also notice that I am less tempted to eat bad things knowing it will cancel out any exercise I've done. I personally just think that morning workouts start my day out on the right foot! Good luck!
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    Why can't tomorrow come quicker? :(
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I have more energy and am more productive through the day if I get my morning ride in. I ride my bike to and from work, so my commute is my workout.

I get up at 4:30am (No, I don't like it one bit), and getting plenty of exercise is really the only way I can deal with the sleep deprivation.
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    I have more energy and am more productive through the day if I get my morning ride in. I ride my bike to and from work, so my commute is my workout.

I get up at 4:30am (No, I don't like it one bit), and getting plenty of exercise is really the only way I can deal with the sleep deprivation.

That is interesting. It is really is interesting to see how many people get more energy from exercising. Does this affect you later on at night?

I really am excited to try and early morning exercise routine, just to see what it is all about! I am going for a run for half an hour, then I shall walk to work. I usually drive, but I am being taken somewhere after work tomorrow - so getting picked up!
  • EricV440
    EricV440 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

That is interesting. It is really is interesting to see how many people get more energy from exercising. Does this affect you later on at night?

I really am excited to try and early morning exercise routine, just to see what it is all about! I am going for a run for half an hour, then I shall walk to work. I usually drive, but I am being taken somewhere after work tomorrow - so getting picked up!

I am usually up at 5:30am and in bed by 10:00pm. I sleep soundly every night. I usually will do light cardio followed by weights,mon, weds, and fri, and tues, thurs are my short running days, 5K-5 miles and every other Saturday is a long running day. Last Saturday was 15 miles. I am in training for hopefully, the 2015 Boston Marathon. I have a ways to go, but, I have loads of energy and at 52, can probably outlast many half my age.

You will find that the more you use your body, the better you will feel. Weight loss will be a side effect.
  • kellehbeans
    Options

I am usually up at 5:30am and in bed by 10:00pm. I sleep soundly every night. I usually will do light cardio followed by weights,mon, weds, and fri, and tues, thurs are my short running days, 5K-5 miles and every other Saturday is a long running day. Last Saturday was 15 miles. I am in training for hopefully, the 2015 Boston Marathon. I have a ways to go, but, I have loads of energy and at 52, can probably outlast many half my age.

You will find that the more you use your body, the better you will feel. Weight loss will be a side effect.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm typically tired for the rest of the day.
  • AQ3107
    AQ3107 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How did you get on? x
  • kellehbeans
    Options
    Crazy. I kept waking up, wondering if it was time to get up. I felt like a zombie, but it was quite warm out, even at 6:30. 6 degrees was lovely, so didn't need to even wear gloves. The air on my face woke me up a bit. I was energized for quite a while, but it seems to have hit about 2pm and I am tired. And not to mention I am really hungry all day. So going to try and hit my net as my BMR.