Mixed Support?

Options
2»

Replies

• rougecrayon
    rougecrayon Posts: 100
    Options
    JEALOUS! Some people will unintentionally try to make you feel bad for improving because one persons success makes others realize their own failures.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you have a few friends and boyfriend supporting you, that's great. I don't feel the need to tell anyone what I am doing - why would a casual acquaintance care if I am trying to get healthy and why would I feel the need at all for their 'support'? I'd rather just do my thing and hopefully show off a hot new bod in 6 months and they'll be like 'Damn!'

Also...congrats on the work so far!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Yes, your new self discipline and success makes those who are not doing anything to improve themselves or their lives feel like slugs..so they try to discourage you from making them look bad. The nicest people in the world default to this petty human behavior.

You'll have more success by keeping your weight loss and fitness more private and seek support from those of like minds..like us right here. Keep up the great work!
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a definite trend.

If I just talk about how I am trying to exercise more, people take an interest, and ask me about what I am doing and how it is going.

However, when I mention that I am using a calorie counter, then they either are not interested or get a bit negative (excluding the couple of people who have expressed an interest in using it themselves).

Why the negative attitude towards calorie counting?

It' is most definetly the best motivation for me to keep exercising. In the past I am usually starting to dwindle away from exercise at this point (about four weeks in) and struggling to keep motivated, while this time, with the calorie counter, I am starting to work out how I can get to the gym more often XP.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Support from others would be nice...but it comes down to the only person who absolutely needs to support and approve is "you". Having the boyfriend and some friends on board just makes it easier. Those that aren't in your corner...that's their problem.