Newbie from the UK!

Options
Hi everyone, I have just joined the site to keep track of my diet and exercise. I have been working on my diet and fitness for the last year. I have lost a stone so far but I really struggle with binge eating. I am definately an emotional eater and it doesn't help that I suffer from Candida Albicans which gives me terrible cravings!

Well I have decided to take control and keep track of exactly what I am eating to help keep me motivated :)
I am ultimately looking to build lean muscle and get down to 8 st 7 lbs (approx 119lbs/54kg) - well eventually anyway.

Just wanted to say hi :)

Replies

• kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I hope you find the site as useful as I have!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Where abouts in the UK are you?

KP X
  • xvonniexxx
    Options
    Also from the UK

good luck.
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good luck in losing your remaining weight, this is a great site for learning the relationship between calories in and calories out through exercise, and balancing your nutritional needs in general.

Using these type of sites has transformed my general health over the last three years, helped by being in the company of other highly motivated people.

Best wishes

Paul ( also from the UK )
  • LycraLegs
    LycraLegs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I feel obliged to say that I am too from the UK!
    Good luck!
  • yogamazinglife
    yogamazinglife Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    UK here as well. Where in the UK is everyone?
  • paulo79
    paulo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome, I'm in essex
  • kaydtc
    kaydtc Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi - I'm up in the North East :-)
  • KJL35
    KJL35 Posts: 9
    Options
    UK here as well i from a little town called Barnoldswick in Lancashire. Hoping this site is going to help me too! Gave up smoking and put 3 stone so now it is time to tackle the weight! good luck every one . Kelly x
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :happy:

Hope this place can give you loads of motivation!! Good luck!! :drinker:

Where in the UK are you? I'm in London
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello hypnopoison, this site can definitely help if applied seriously of course as with anything, but yeah the UK ya'll got some good MMA fighters out there. (as in good, not crazy.)lol Anyway Welcome and Good Luck in all your pursuits.:smile:
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

And welcome! Nice to see another UK-er :o)

I am up in East Yorkshire!
    -x-x-
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hi there:flowerforyou:

Welcome to a fantastic site :bigsmile:
    Karen
    ( in Kent / London borders)
  • sdscouser
    sdscouser Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi there, (live in steveange hertfordhsire, work in Uxbridge, london)
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    i live in guildford (surrey) n work in Farnham (Also surrey)
    x
  • eccejenny
    Options
    Hiya
    im from manchester, living in glasgow and moving to a new city really hasnt helped the weight loss! I gained about a stone since moving, what with knowing less people and going for some slap up meals with the boyfriend!
    I found this after getting a new iphone and am so glad i did this is much better than the diet plan i tried to follow over the past few weeks - super rigid and wasnt ideal at all!
    Have lost 8lbs in three weeks - with quite a few indiscretions
    My problem is having a healthy tea, but washed down with half a bottle of wine and usually a biscuit or cake to go with it!
    Good luck everyone!
  • monkandmonkster
    Options
    Hiya

I am from Ascot in the UK.
    I have the same problem. I am a female, 32, used to be 11st and I am now 9st 8lbs thanks to introducing healthier eating and exercise into my life a year ago.

However, I seem to have a problem getting down from that to 8.5 stone which is where I want to be. I am only 5'3" so that would be ideal for my height. I have added this applicaton 5 days ago and since then I have been very motivated in every way, going to the gym every night plus eating even healthier.

My main problem is portion-size. I've always been a healthy eater but I can eat loads and loads, lol. I am not proud to say that I can easily out-eat a grown male. I just love food, full stop. Everything about it, the way it smells, the way it tastes, the way it looks, there is not one thing I wouldn't eat. I must admit that I tend to go mental for a week or two then completely turning the other way and hardly eat a thing another week. I am aware it is binge-eating and I am trying to work on being more sensible but it is hard. Having a good looking boyfriend who can eat anything and still have a six-pack doesn't help :-) Then there is little me who can only smell something naughty and oops, right on my hips!
    My friends reckon I should be 20 stone judging by how much I eat but I must say I do exercise loads and generally I am very energetic, always on the go so that is the only thing that saves me from being overweight. I would love to learn how to stop eating after I had enough but I just love it so much its really hard. I tried cooking small portions but then I end up looking for something afterwards... Is this familiar to anyone? x
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome to the site from another UK'er! (live in Warrington, work in Newton-Le-Willows)
  • Hypnopoison
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you for the very warm welcome, I am from South Wales. Definately hoping this site will keep me motivated and honest with my food.

Hi Monkandmonksters, I know exactly what you mean ... I can out eat my boyfriend any day, (I am sad to say) and he is 6 ft 4" and can pack it in quite easily. I beat him hands down with a pizza any day. How I am not a size 20 I don't know! Then I feel terribly guilty afterwards too. I really put on weight when we moved in together (love chub :)

I also have struggled with portion sizes. I am trying to remember that he should have more then me. It has been hard, but I have found that by having the right thing for dinner, I can stay full all night and not pick. I try to make sure my plate is made up of lean quality protein and complex carbs. I have stopped eating simple carbs (white rice, pasta, potatoes and breads), partly because they don't keep me full for very long, but also because I suffer from Candida Albicans. Unfortunately this condition gives me horrendous cravings for sugary things, but thats another story for another day!

I also stuggle with just having a little of what I fancy. I couldn't ever open a tub of Ben & Jerry's and not eat the whole thing to myself, in one sitting - it's quite sad isn't. I wish I could just have a few squares of chocolate and leave it at that, oh no, once I start, my cravings go mad and I stuff my face until I burst ... very sad but true I am afraid :(
  • kaydtc
    kaydtc Posts: 48
    Options
    Monkandmonkster - it might be worth trying Paul McKenna's weight management, don't know if you can download it but you can get it on CD. I found that it really stops you eating beyond the point where you have had enough. Good luck :smile:
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello from Bedford, UK! I'm a newbie too, and so far I'm really enjoying MFP and can sympathise completely with your predicament with food. I've been on MFP for two weeks but have lost just about zilch.....because I've tried exercising a lot, but have very bad eating habits :oS So hoping that today is a new day, I've been good so far - and hopefully one day soon I'll get the improvement I'm looking for to make the effort seem worthwhile.

Fantastic to know I'm not alone in this battle with food - it's bin day tmrw, think I'm gonna clear out my cupboards/fridge tonight! :o)

Maximouse x