IF IM LACTOSE INTOLERANT?

Options
I WANNA EAT GREEK YOGURT SO IF IM LACTOSE INTOLERANT WILL IT NOT UPSET MY STOMACH?

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Does regular yogurt upset your stomach?

I'm lactose intolerant, but I seem to be able to tolerate yogurts pretty well. In fact, my stomach does better with Greek yogurt than regular yogurt. Not sure why, just does.

Everyone's intolerance is different. Maybe try just a little bit and see how you feel. And make sure it's on a day where you don't have much to do... :)
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I think we should be tolerant of all cultures...
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

LOL!!! Awesome!
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is much worse for me than regular yogurt. There's only one way to find out for sure. Eat it and see what happens.
  • lwagnitz
    Options
    "Greek yogurt contains less lactose than most other dairy products, according to Chobani.com, a national brand of Greek yogurt. AskDrSears.com explains that yogurt contains live and active culture that convert the lactose into lactic acid, which is easy for the body to absorb. This chemical action results in a large reduction of lactose levels. Because everyone has a different level of tolerance for lactose, your body may or may not be able to handle the amount in Greek yogurt. If you're severely lactose intolerant, avoid Greek yogurt without first talking to a physician or registered dietician."
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My husband is VERY intolerant to lactose, and is completely fine with eating Greek yogurt. In fact, I pack it for him everyday with his lunch.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options

Good one! :laugh:
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I cant stand people who are lactose intolerant. I guess you could say Im Lactose Intolerant Intolerant :)

Dont know much about greek yogurt other than I dont like how it tastes. Wish I could help.
  • FASTFUELXXX
    FASTFUELXXX Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WELL I DNT EAT YOGURT AT ALL BT I FIGURED GREEK YOGURT HAS LESS LACTOSE. JUX THOUGHT I WUD ASK. I HAVE TASTED GREEK YOGURT A BEST FRIEND OF MINE WAS EATING SO ITZ NT ABT DA TASTE. TASTE DAMN GUD THO!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt actually doesn't affect my lactose intolerance at all.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Try coconut yogurt....
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt actually doesn't affect my lactose intolerance at all.
    [/quote

i am okay with greek yogurt as well
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and the only thing that really bothers me is regular milk and *gasp* ice cream. I friggin' love ice cream too. Booo.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    WELL I DNT EAT YOGURT AT ALL BT I FIGURED GREEK YOGURT HAS LESS LACTOSE. JUX THOUGHT I WUD ASK. I HAVE TASTED GREEK YOGURT A BEST FRIEND OF MINE WAS EATING SO ITZ NT ABT DA TASTE. TASTE DAMN GUD THO!

Why do you type like that? :huh:
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Yogurt generally has little to no lactose (the live cultures have eaten it), so most people with lactose intolerance can eat it.
  • lwagnitz
    Options
    Yogurt generally has little to no lactose (the live cultures have eaten it), so most people with lactose intolerance can eat it.
    Ive heard this is opposite. It is actually pretty high in lactose, but because it has other proteins or enzymes or something along those lines, that your body can digest it better. But it's basically the same thing.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Ive heard this is opposite. It is actually pretty high in lactose, but because it has other proteins or enzymes or something along those lines, that your body can digest it better. But it's basically the same thing.
    I haven't found any information that says Greek yogurt is higher in lactose. Only that it's lower because of the bacteria and because it's strained.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

Why do you type like that? :huh:

2vj1zd0.jpg

????
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Does regular yogurt upset your stomach?

I'm lactose intolerant, but I seem to be able to tolerate yogurts pretty well. In fact, my stomach does better with Greek yogurt than regular yogurt. Not sure why, just does.

Everyone's intolerance is different. Maybe try just a little bit and see how you feel. And make sure it's on a day where you don't have much to do... :)

This is me. I am lactose intolerant. I can't drink straight milk with out getting violently ill but I can eat small amounts of greek yogurt and cheese. For me it's no more than 2 servings per day before I feel the effects.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i cant tolerate milk well but tend to be fine with Greek yogurt - turns out i have more of a whey intolerance than Latose. I always thought i was lactose intolerant (maybe i am?) but whey is really bad for me - i am ok with casein though - even though both are from milk. Experiment and see - its the only way your going to find out. you'll know within 2 hours anyway!