I did it!

kwardklinck
kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
edited September 20 in Success Stories
I'm going on maintenance as of today. The 30 pounds I gained when my mom got cancer is officially gone. I have been doing Couch 2 5 K for the last 4 1/2 weeks. Last night I was able to run 2 miles in 16 minutes. I have strength and energy that I haven't had since I was in high school. I've gone from a tight size 10 to a loose size 6. With the running and pilates and toning program I do, I expect to have no trouble maintaining my fitness level. It should only get better from here. This site works. It's taken me 5 months to get here but if I can do it anyone can. I'm over 40 and I love food. I've discovered that the secret is balance in everything you do. No food is off limits but you have to really look at the portion sizes. Yes, you can lose weight without exercising but you can only get this feeling of youth, energy, and body tightness from exercising. Stick with it people. You'll be so glad you did.

Replies

• renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    That is SOooo wonderful!! You should be Very proud of yourself!! I am on my way too and I know I can do it! I Love myfitnesspal.com!!
  • ads7327
    ads7327 Posts: 13
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing, I came to the realization last night that I need to be more mindful of my portion sizes. Your comments just reinforce that conclusion.
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • kwaters7
    kwaters7 Posts: 129
    Congratulations! Nice work indeed. You are spot on about the feeling of wellbeing from exercise. Keep it up! :smile:
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Yay!
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • lknorthstar
    lknorthstar Posts: 132 Member
    That is just wonderful! Congratulations and I know you can keep your weight now! good luck!
  • Are you still planning on logging?
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Congrats on your success! What an accomplishment!
  • kwardklinck
    I'm going to log my maintenance cals for a couple of weeks and then try on my own. I will keep checking my weight and if I find I need to come back here, I will. I've worked far too hard and have no intention of turning around and gaining it back.
  • Great job!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Many congrats on your success! 2 miles in 16 minutes...Wowie wow wow!!! That's amazing!
    I know exactly what you mean by that "feeling of well-being"... I am 50+ years old. I run 2 and 1/2 miles 5 days a week. (takes me a bit longer than 16 minutes though...today it was 27 minutes) A recent check-up showed that my blood pressure is a youthful 80/64. Even though my BP has always been good, it's never been this good!
    Again, many congrats to you! keep on keepin on...
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Thanks for sharing this!
  • foxywife75
    foxywife75 Posts: 59 Member
    Congrats!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    WOOT!!
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Congrats, can you please tell me how you plan on maintaining? I have been giving that a great deal of thought, I know I still have a ways to go, but I want to be prepared! I know for sure that I will continue to weigh myself regliously like I do now and if I notice a bump in weight, I will have to rein it in prior to it getting out of control - but I would love to know what your thoughts are on "maintaining" and what you think you'll do.

Thanks - AWESOME job!:):drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    What kind of toning program do you have?
  • kwardklinck
    For toning, I'm doing Pilates, Yoga, 100 pushup challenge, 200 situp challenge, and the 200 squat challenge. In addition, the running seems to help shape my lower body.
  • kwardklinck
    Congrats, can you please tell me how you plan on maintaining? I have been giving that a great deal of thought, I know I still have a ways to go, but I want to be prepared! I know for sure that I will continue to weigh myself regliously like I do now and if I notice a bump in weight, I will have to rein it in prior to it getting out of control - but I would love to know what your thoughts are on "maintaining" and what you think you'll do.

Thanks - AWESOME job!:):drinker:

I'm going to change my goal to maintenance and keep eating the cals MFP tells me to. I'll keep checking my weight every day to make sure I'm maintaining and then make adjustments as necessary.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!