Missing classes from exercise list???

monkandmonkster
monkandmonkster Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello All

Is it just me but loads of existing exercises are 'useless' but there are not any of body pump, body combat, body balance, boot camp, yoga, pilates, tai chi etc. I do all of these classes at my gym and find it very hard to find an alternative exercise on the list as it can differ a lot in calories... As far as I know all these classes are widely available at the moment. Thank you javascript:add_smiley('smooched','topic_body')

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    you can always add them yourself.
  • Get a Heart Rate Monitor that shows how many calories you burn in those classes and then just add the calories/class.
  • I know I can add it myself and I know I can get a heart-rate monitor but it would be an easy option if they just add it so it's already on there. I know calorie-burn depend on your weight, the room temperature, your effort etc. They have some silly things on the list like Cooking which really is not an exercise, lol. I will try the heart rate monitor, thank you.
  • MattySparky
    I know, there are alot of people on here who log silly things like "shopping" as excercise.... c'mon how lazy can you get?? Shopping is NOT excercise. Maybe the day before christmas because it's crazy, but even that is a stretch. To each his own I guess LOL. It's silly though eh?
  • I totally agree, it is silly, people do it to because it make them feel better about themselves, they think it is something extra. When the truth is, these are just every day things we gotta do, walk to our car, cook a meal, walk from your office desk to the toilet, these count OUTSIDE our exercise regime, surely?!?! What is your goal?
  • MattySparky
    Me personally?

Well I started this last year, I got fat... really fat. For someone who has always been in relatively great shape, I let myself go and then one day I was like... Matt you're disgusting, time to work on it. I guess I had always taken my weight for granted and as I got older plus no excercise plus really bad eating habits... well Im sure we all know what that adds up to. But I changed my life in 2009. I was down 60 lbs from 280 and I put on about 10 lbs over the summer because of travel, parties, you know the score. I was running every day almost 5km and it really cut the fat. Then it occured to me that my body was also burning muscle, so now I mainly lift weights but am trying to find my balance between cardio and lifting because I really want to get back down to 220. My original goal weight was 200, but I know that with lifting and putting on muscle I highly doubt that I will get that small. Honestly I just want to reduce my body fat percentage, I really dont care what weight I am. Although my weight seems to really reflect how well Im doing with it.
This discussion has been closed.