Is losing 7lbs a month too slow?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    7 Lbs per month is great, and it's SAFE and HEALTHY. 1-2 Lbs per week is considered safe and healthy weight loss...more than 2 Lbs per week should really be done under supervision of a health care professional. The less you have to lose, the slower it should be.

In RE to not seeing it...do you take progress pics. We see ourselves every day in the mirror, and it can be difficult to really see the changes day to day, week to week without progress pics. Also, a lot of people "don't see it" because they're not looking in the right places. I kept telling myself I didn't see it...but others did. I just kept looking at my waist line and not seeing those inches go down, but all of the fat was coming off my face first...neck, arms, legs, etc. 25 Lbs down and I've just started getting into my belly fat about 5 Lbs ago.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    7lbs in a month is great progress. Since you are smaller you don't want to strive for more than that. As you get smaller you need your losses to be smaller to ensure you are losing weight properly and minmizing muscle loss.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have that kind of weight loss! 14 lbs in 2 months? That'd be almost 30 lbs in 4 months! I'm jealous!

My 2 months is like lose 2...plateau...lose 1....gain 1...plateau....lose 1....plateau.... LOL.

Just keep at it. All of a sudden, all of your clothes will be do baggy. It's a nice feeling.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that's definitely good
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'd settle for that loss rate anytime! Well done on you success thus far.