Whats for dinner?? I need suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• aa62579
    aa62579 Posts: 57
    Options
    If you want something quick to prepare, cut the chicken into strips and season it up. (I like seasoning salt or a bbq rub.) Stir-fry it in a bit of olive oil until it is almost done, then turn the heat down and add some bbq sauce. Keep stirring to coat the chicken in a thin layer of sauce. (Sauce should thicken.) Serve with brown rice and steamed veggies.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    3 cups shredded chicken
    1 cup shredded cheddar
    1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom, i hate mushrooms)
    1 bag frozen broccoli

mix it all together and bake for 25 minutes on 325
    That sounds yummy, I bet it would be good over white rice. MMMMmmm :)
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Sautee some sliced cherry tomatoes with basil, spinach, and olive oil and put that with the chicken over egg noodles. It is easy, good and healthy. I add pepper, sea salt, and a dash or Locatelli cheese if I have the calories to spare.

Like this. Will have to try.
  • kendrafox
    kendrafox Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can boil it in water with your choice of spices (I love spicy food so I use cayenne pepper and paprika, a dash of hot sauce, and Italian spices) and then shred it and wrap it with the lettuce. I usually serve it with cauliflower and broccoli.
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    when I want something healthy and fast I always go to cookinglight.com, they have 5-ingredient recipes categorized by the type of meat you want to cook with. Here is the link for the chicken recipes!

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/healthy-5-ingredient-chicken-recipes-00400000053257/page22.html
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I have some BSCBs in the fridge too! I think I'm going to make my favourite chicken curry tonight.

It's super easy. All you need:
    - boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
    - Taste of Thai Red Curry Paste (it comes in a square, thin cardboard package... found at most grocery stores)
    - 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
    - 1 onion, chopped
    - one can of coconut milk

Optional ingredients:
    - a dash of fish oil
    - bell peppers
    - pineapple (yum!)

Sautee the onion and garlic in large pot/dutch oven over medium heat. Add coconut milk, bring to gentle boil. Add red curry paste (they recommend 1-2 tbsp, but I use the whole damn package) and whisk in until creamy. Add diced chicken. Throw in the oven (covered) at 350-400 for about 30-45 minutes. When chicken is cooked thoroughly, remove from oven and put back on stovetop. Let some of the liquid boil off, then add some corn starch slurry to thicken the curry.

Serve over rice or quinoa.
  • cicisiam
    Options
    I took out BL/SL chicken breast for dinner tonight but I don't know what to make with it! I need suggestions please!?!?! I'm getting bored with the same old thing all the time.

A couple of suggestions. 1) Sauted the chicken breast with some seasonings you like in olive oil or just a tablespoon of real butter till browned, then add Cream of chicken soup and about half a can of your choice milk. Cover and let simmer. (this works well with cream of celery also.) Make rice while chicken is simmering. By the time the rice is done the chicken should be too. Add Chicken and sauce over rice. Very warm and comforting on a cold night.
    2) I did this last night. Fresh brussels sprouts, fresh Garlic, choice of seasoning ( I used some garlic salt lemon pepper and onion powder ( fresh onions would be good also, I was out). Split brussels sprouts in half to asorb flavor add to your choice to saute in Olive oil or real butter with diced garlic. ( I used 3 cloves, but your choice on that.) Saute and cover to steam and add cooked ( Cooked boiled chicken breast) to asorb flavor and seasoning and steam. Turned out great for me last night. it just all depends on your tastes.
    Stay warm and cozy and enjoy your evening snuggling with hubby. :smile:
  • cicisiam
    Options
    when I want something healthy and fast I always go to cookinglight.com, they have 5-ingredient recipes categorized by the type of meat you want to cook with. Here is the link for the chicken recipes!

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/healthy-5-ingredient-chicken-recipes-00400000053257/page22.html
    Thank you for the reference. Always need quick easy healthy ideas. Salads are begining to really bore me.
  • eliseofthejungle
    eliseofthejungle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your suggestions! I'm going to keep this tread in mind for the next time I want to change it up. Lots of good recipes on here that I can't wait to try! :flowerforyou:
  • Klkbankert
    Klkbankert Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I shredded some bl/sl chicken breast the other night and sauted with peppers and onions and served in a low carb tortilla with salsa for a tasty fajita! Quick, easy and very tasty!