Hi! 23 years old trying to lose 23 pounds

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Kristy and I'm from Kalamazoo. I have 3 weddings to attend within the next 2 months.. one of which I am standing up in. Needless to say, it's time to shed some pounds. I'm excited for this website and hope to find some good support!

Replies

• krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it and you can do it!:)
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 23, I've been on MFP for a few months and have lost almost 15 pounds. I want to lose about 20 more :-) I'll be a bridesmaid in November! Feel free to add me as a friend, we can do this!
  • katiebug513
    katiebug513 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    No doubt in my mind you can do this. You've come to a great website with lots of encouraging people to help you along.
  • staceylynn073
    Options
    Hi Kristy! Welcome to MFP!

I am also in a wedding this year and want to look my best! We are at the age were this will happen more and more frequently, so I figure now is as good a time as any to get my act together!

Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristy! Welcome! I'm a 23 year old as well. I've never really made a conscious effort to lose weight before I found this website, but starting a new job and a new healthy lifestyle at the same time seemed like a good combination. Plus my office has a free gym... bonus! Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am from MI as well, Southeastern lower Michigan though. I just joined 5 days ago because my neighbor swears by this site religiously. Good luck! I started eating better and working out alot more in Nov and since then I have lost about 25 pounds. I'd like to lose another 10-20. :happy:
  • k5oddo
    k5oddo Posts: 4
    Options
    Really.. so am I actually. I am originally from Sterling heights, but I'm in a graduate program at WMU in Kalamazoo! Congrats on the weight loss!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I live in St. Clair County. I graduated from Eastern!
  • Jacxon
    Jacxon Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello and congrats on making the decision to do it! I also am in Kalamazoo and am new to this whole losing weight thing and would love a buddy around town! feel free to add me as afriend and hopefully we can help each other!