confused about what really is water weight

Options
Hello everyone!

I have been weighting around 143lbs for 3 days (64.5kg), but this weekend I happened to overeat on one day, I had two full plates of gnocchi (that's all I had for the whole day) and my stomach felt horrible, yesterday I had cramps, even TMI diarrhea and stuff. I weighted in at 147lbs (67kg)!!! Is this water weight? Is it possible that I actually gained weight eating that much? The past days I had icecream and other sweet stuff, but stayed within my calorie goal, eating mostly lean proteins...

Any help would be welcome, also help on how I can eliminate this water weight, if it's really just water..

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You definitely didn't gain 4lbs of fat over the weekend, or from two plates of gnocchi (and nothing else all day?). Weight fluctuates daily, by several pounds, and can be water retention from too much sodium, not drinking enough water, or new exercise, it could be hormones, etc.

Drink plenty of water, watch your sodium intake, and eat well, it will come off.
  • lunaticlover
    Options
    thank you for the answers, I believe I ate well over 1600kcal with those two big plates, I had frozen gnocchi, the ones you buy pre-made and put in boiling water, 100g had 538mg of sodium, so..yeah.

Also has anyone else felt sick after spending a long time with high fat high protein low carb and then sudenly have a high carb meal?
  • lunaticlover
    Options
    not sure if I made myself clear..

Has anyone experienced sickness, nausea or cramps after eating a carb loated meal after they spent a long while eating high protein?
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    So you didn't really overeat, you basically just ate a meal that your body hasn't seen for a while, so it is retaining water from the high sodium, and making you crap for enjoying something delicious, and different. Happens to me every once in a while, and I think it's awesome, because then I feel my body didn't hold onto it long enough for the calories to count hahaha.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I gained 9 pounds over the weekend, and lost 8 of it yesterday, I was in the bathroom a lot. Just drink a ton of water, and some green tea with lemon, should clear it out.