FABULOUS at 40!

Options
Hello all! I haven't ever posted a success story and I'm not at goal, but today I'm 40 and struggling a little with leaving my 40s. So, what better way than posting motivating pictures to prove to myself that I look better than I did in my 20s and 30s! ;)

I have struggled with my weight my entire life, I'm actually not too far from being at the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult. My highest was up in the 260s and I'm 187 right now. I started MFP in July of 2012 and have lost 39-40 pounds (depends on the day and since today is my bday and I will likely have cake, let's go with 39!

I always thought I was a special snowflake, spent countless years doing low carb, vegan, raw vegan diets...you name it. Problem was, I NEVER looked at the calories I was ingesting. As soon as I found MFP and started logging, I realized that I wasn't such a special snowflake! Calories in, calories out! I keep them around 1600-1700 and I run/exercise 3x a week on top of being fairly active. I don't normally eat back my exercise calories, but occasionally I do. It is SO SIMPLE! Maybe not always easy, but simple.

40 WILL be fabulous for me! I'm training for my first half marathon and hoping to drop a little more and get into the 160s (I'm 5' 10") this year. Thanks for looking!

Fotor03057504resize.jpg

me and my baby...11 years difference!
Fotor03058324resize.jpg

May 2012 and November 2012!
May2012resize.jpg

Replies

• kirstie3281
    kirstie3281 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and Happy Birthday!!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well first I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =) Second, I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS! You look great! Third, I'd like to say YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE STILL IN YOUR 20S!!!!!!! =) I was so confused by the pictures! lol Great job, though, and continued success on your journey! You've done well so far =)
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much!!
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Have a great day and enjoy!!!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago so I can relate! :flowerforyou:
  • JenJenER
    JenJenER Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well first I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =) Second, I'd like to say CONGRATULATIONS! You look great! Third, I'd like to say YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE STILL IN YOUR 20S!!!!!!! =) I was so confused by the pictures! lol Great job, though, and continued success on your journey! You've done well so far =)

^^This, exactly! Happy Birthday!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and you look great at 40! Wtg!
  • BrittanyAnnL
    Options
    Ummm.. you look GREAT! Keep up the good work.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday...enjoy a treat today. You've figured out what works for you and the progress you've made will continue to motivate not only you...but others as well. Have a great day!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    very cute-happy birthday and well done!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    40's is twice as good as the 20's.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, HOT MAMA!
  • BBinNC
    BBinNC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday fellow Piscean! (mines on the 11th and I'll be 41)

You've done a fantastic job and I'm sure you feel as great as you look. Keep up the good work!

*hugs*
  • maggiecosmo
    maggiecosmo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday....
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You look great

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  • Tamar65
    Tamar65 Posts: 12
    Options
    Happy birthday..........U look amazing. keep up the good work.........:happy:
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! I'm 43 and I can definitely say that I feel better today than I did when I was 30! So, don't worry about the 40s; your healthy changes will make you feel so MUCH younger! By the way, you look WAY younger than 40.. I'm jealous cuz I definitely look 43! hahaha However, life is even better today than even 15 years ago and I am absolutely loving it so even the wrinkles don't bother me!! So, rock the 40s, sweetie; you'll be glad you did!!!
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You really are fabulous at 40!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the Birthday wishes! You guys are awesome! I hope everyone is right and the 40s are better than 20s and 30s because I'm not ready to be old just yet! LOL!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Happy B-day. You look great! Your weight loss makes you look like you might be 29 not a day older. Congrats on your good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!