OT Sorta.. but still an accomplishment. =)

Options
for those that haven't seen me around, I'm 20 years old and my son and I live with my parents, after escaping an abusive relationship. I've been trying to save money, but it's one thing after another, and I just keep seeming to get behind =(

So yesterday, I had 120 dollars left over from my last pay check, and I opened a savings account with it. I also changed my direct deposit so that 20 percent of my check goes into my savings account, and the rest into checking.

Also in 13 weeks and 6days, I can open my 401k at work (have to wait until I'm 21). My job will match whatever I put in, so I emailed my boss and asked for her to email me the documents to read over for the 401k and profit sharing.

I feel like I'm finally getting my finances under control..

Oh and my weight.. only 14 lbs left and about 14 weeks until my birthday!!!!!!! =) I'm down 55lbs already =)

Replies

• mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    congrats!!!! You're doing great! Keep up the good work. Also, good job with having the courage, strenght, and dedication to do what's right for you and your son! You sound like very wise, very mature 20 yr old. It's not so easy now but one day he'll look back and see that all that struggle was because of how much you love him! :love:
  • Kalamitykate
    Kalamitykate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow! It sounds like you're doing amazing things, you should be so proud of yourself. Your son is lucky to have such a strong Mom. Good luck with everything and happy early birthday. :happy:
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    Way to go on everything..... saving money and your weight loss!!!!!

I started saving 50 a pay into a saving and i also started 401k and i invest in my companys stock....... i have managed to pay off 3 creditcards in 4 months and i have 2 to go....it has been a struggle to not use them but it is so worth it....

Just keep at it and you will feel a huge monkey lift from your back when you know that you have a backup fund.....

Good luck to you.....
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thank you so much! It's not always easy, but right now, my will power is derived from knowing that on May 17th, I will have made it one full year without him in my life. I've left him before, but always went back within 6 months. THe one year mark kinda cements it. I have alot of family support, and without them, I don't think I would have been able to stay gone! I know just how lucky I am and I know alot of victims don't have the support I have.

congrats!!!! You're doing great! Keep up the good work. Also, good job with having the courage, strenght, and dedication to do what's right for you and your son! You sound like very wise, very mature 20 yr old. It's not so easy now but one day he'll look back and see that all that struggle was because of how much you love him! :love:
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    Thank you very much!!! =)
    Wow! It sounds like you're doing amazing things, you should be so proud of yourself. Your son is lucky to have such a strong Mom. Good luck with everything and happy early birthday. :happy:
  • lovingmyjaybird
    Options
    WOW congrats. I have one credit card, and it's from my job. I opened it, to get an additional 10percent off my Christmas purchases on top of the 40% for associate shopping days. I have the fully paid off, and I gave the card to my sister in law, so I won't use it. There's ALWAYS something I want to buy at work, so I just carry minimal cash to work in case of an emergency.
    Way to go on everything..... saving money and your weight loss!!!!!

I started saving 50 a pay into a saving and i also started 401k and i invest in my companys stock....... i have managed to pay off 3 creditcards in 4 months and i have 2 to go....it has been a struggle to not use them but it is so worth it....

Just keep at it and you will feel a huge monkey lift from your back when you know that you have a backup fund.....

Good luck to you.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!