LUNA Bar

Options
mommy2js
mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
I eat these on a regular basis - 180 cals, a good breakfast for me or mid afternoon snack when I can't wait for dinner. I usually eat the Nutz Over Chocolate and occasionally the Carmel Nut Brownie. They are pretty good, but I always kinda "tolerated" the taste thinking that's just what you get in an energy/vitamin bar. BUT...................today I tasted the Vanilla Almond - which isn't available at my regular grocery store and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: It is so good it tastes SINFUL! SUPER GOOD FOR 190 CALS!!!!!!!!! I THINK I'M GONNA BUY STOCK. . . . :smile:

tomorrow - going to try the Dulce De Leche.......................

Replies

• ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Ooo I haven't had vanilla almond! My favorite is Chocolate peppermint stick (I just finished eating one)!! I also like Iced Oatmeal Cookie but it's hard for me to find.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I used to love the Lemon ones :love:
  • momto2girls
    Options
    New here but saw this thread......the Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Peppermint stick are my favorite too! LOVE my LUNA bars!
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    Options
    OMG I had my first Luna bar yesterday!! Mmmm Mmmm Good! I had the Smores one. I was expecting a yucky taste and was only planning on eating half....but OMG I ate all of it and it was sooooooo delicious!! Haha. Defenitely will be buying more of those!
  • jljune
    jljune Posts: 59
    Options
    You should try the white chocolate macadamia nut!! They are awesome!!!
    Edit: I forgot to say if you have a TRADER JOE'S by you they are only 99cents!!!

297714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Luna bars eh? I think I may need to try some of these... Errrum can someone tell me some interesting facts about Luna Bars? Are the best bars to buy. I want to buy meal replacement bars but I am totally clueless as to what to get for me!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Luna bars eh? I think I may need to try some of these... Errrum can someone tell me some interesting facts about Luna Bars? Are the best bars to buy. I want to buy meal replacement bars but I am totally clueless as to what to get for me!

They don't quite fill me up enough to replace a meal but they are high protein and satisfying! a great snack!
    (I edited for spelling mistakes!)
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I love them! I also love the Kashi Go Lean bars! They are my new favorite snack!!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Are they just filler bars?? I've heard tons of good stuff about them but I was never quite sure!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Oh my I do love these bars! I try not to eat them too often because there are better protein bars out there, but sometimes when I need a good snack I will. The iced oatmeal raisin is to die for! Tastes like a cookie!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    A friend from the site was using them so I decided to try them too. They are super yummy! I have them for breakfast and then usually have 1/2 cup of eggbeaters sometime before lunch to fuel my exercise so that I can make it through until lunch. I love love love them. However, I feel that they are a bit pricey....anyone know where to buy them in bulk? Or the cheapest places to buy them? No Trader Joe's here....
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Are they just filler bars?? I've heard tons of good stuff about them but I was never quite sure!

They are awesome - Put it this way - if you ate 2 of these you could nearly replace your daily vitamin! A little from the label:

Vit A 20%, Vit C 20%, Calcium 35%, Iron 30%, Vit E 30%, B3 40%, B6 75%, Folate 100%, B12 75%, and it goes on and on. . .It is a nutrition Bar for WOMEN so has the folate, etc.

As far as prices - I don't have a Trader Joes but I do have a Sprouts where they are on sale for .99 right now and also at King Soopers (Kroger) they are currently on sale for .88 cents.

Perfect for breakfast or snack
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Where did you get these other tasty flavors?? I love the smores, and occasionally the two you mentioned. I also really enjoyed the white choc macadamia nut. I discovered a new kind, Luna Protein, which is smaller and covered completely in chocolate. It comes in cookie dough and peanut butter cookie. The cookie dough is tasty!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I just tried Luna bars for the first time this week: Lemon Zest and Nutz over Chocolate. They were better than I expected, for what they are..... I'll have to try the Almond Vanilla and Iced Oatmeal Raisin if I can find them. Thanks for the tips!

The Zone Perfect caramel cluster really reminds me of a Whatchamacallit (which was my most favorite candy bar back in the day).