Hungrygirl & all her glory or not lol

Myth
Myth Posts: 285 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have 2 of her books, 200 under 200 and her new one 1-23. I have made like 6 of the recipes from her new one andloved them. My son whom is 6 and always com-plains about haveing to eat chicken or any meat really loved her honey mustard pretzel chicken finger thingys. I was like yes score! It will most likley become one of my normal things I cook. She also has a lot of great snack and breakfast ideas I just have to get up a little earlier to make the breakfast ones and umm ya I am NOT a morning person,lol it takes allI got to get up, get the kids up make there lunches and get them some cereal or waffle, frozen thing for breakfast, and get out the door,lol. Any way I do have to change some of her recipes because i do not like substitue sugar and sometimes I can not find fat free somethign that she asks for so I get the best that I can. What abotu any one else anyting else you have to change or substitue? Any other cookbooks you love?

Replies

• carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    I have the 200 under 200 and LOVE IT! The crunchy chicken salad is awesome! OOh and so is the key lime pie :)
  • she has a lot of great advice but like you said she is too much into artifical stuff, can't be good in the long run.
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    i came to the conclusion that trying to find "fat free" or sugar substitutions for what i dearly love only made it where i loved it more. substituting will never be as good as the real thing...sooo...

i had to totally revamp my mental process...I started looking for things totally different than what i would normally eat...and discovered a whole new world! i eat only those things without a label and found it to be more satisfying and freeing than i ever thought i would have!

that being said...i use allrecipes.com and websites like this one alot and look specifically for things that are "label free" like veggies, fruits, beans,seeds and nuts. it isnt really hard. in fact it is amazing how energized and full of vitality i am now! and after 12 years of high blood pressure and constantly being sick...i have none of that--and without drugs!

soon you realize trying to substitute fat free, fake sugar, fake butter, etc. is really not healthy eating at all.
This discussion has been closed.