I am stuck! what do I do!

Options
Okay, I joined back in 2012 and was half way to my goal of 155# but then went to a military school where I could only eat cafateria food, and it got worse from there. After that I got used to not logging on MFP and slowly gaining weight back all the way back to 180 lbs since December I have been fairly diligent in logging and am back to 170# and have been for weeks now only once did I weigh 168# (thats what my profile says i weigh) but now i am never below 170#. I am on the 1200 cal a day and work our every day. I usually dont go over my allowed cals ive eraned. I do sometimes because I read it helps jumpstart weight loss again. sometimes I am not hungry and it is hard just to make the 1200 cals. I "snack" through out the day to keep from eating a lot all at once. I eat a lot of raw greens, nuts, and fruit. I try to stay away from starches. I am also trying gluten free for other health reasons I dont understand why I am not losing weight. I aways make sure I eat OVER 1200 a day its usually 1400-1800 and usually have 500-1000 cals left over. Im also not losing any inches so i ruled out the "im gaining muscle" theory. PLEASE HELP

Replies

• omgwtfddr
    omgwtfddr Posts: 10
    Options
    My advice is to reevaluate your calorie intake. You should burn about 500 calories more than you eat for weight loss, and that includes how much you burn just for being you. If the balance of calories consumed vs. calories burnt is tipped one way or the other, meaning if you consume too few calories it will hurt your weight loss.

Also try to stick to low GI foods.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • kosmo24
    kosmo24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Your post is almost exactly what I wanted to say . I have stuck on this platea for over 3 moonths nd for the life of me cant get below 193lbs after losing 42lbs. Ive triedthe jump starting my meltabolism and more treadmill workouts which include just walking one speedd and started the couch to 5k alternating sppeds and nothing . Not getting it at all. worst lateeau ever and I should easily be able to get to 180lbs but its gettinng frustrating to say te least.