Wish me Luck

ads7327
ads7327 Posts: 13
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i'm going to dinner with a friend and she has chosen Olive Garden. At first I almost screamed no, but then I realized I need to learn to eat sensibly all the time and all settings (I can't avoid Olive Garden for the rest of my life). Luckily I know now and plan to eat a low cal salad for lunch (thank God for Ready Pak - I love their salads). I have use MFP Food Database to determine now what I will order at dinner so I think I can do this and not go over my caories. :)

Wish me luck!

Replies

• We went to Olive Garden after church on Sunday. It was pretty hard! But, the good news is the minestrone soup only has 100 calories per 8 oz serving. I ordered that for my meal and splurged a little on appetizers.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    My problem would be pushing the bread basket away once it is set down in front of you, but I encourage to be thinking about doing this as soon as it is placed on the table! Fill up on salad and order lite or if you order a pasta, go ahead an ask for a take out container and plate 1/2 of it before you even begin to eat as a way to cut back on a pasta dinner's caloric intake.
  • I also read somewhere that the dressing on the salad is extremely high cal. Ask for it sans dressing, croutons and cheese and get a fat free dressing on the side! That may help you, also try to avoid anything w/ a "creamy" sauce or anything fried or sauteed! Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    olive garden has some new lower cal items. ask for the nutrition information when you are seated (it is seperate from the menu)
    i found the venetian apricot chicken at 280 calories fit in very well in my diet. it was tasty chicken & veg (no pasta) and then i had a green salad (no olives or croutons) and asked for lemons instead of dressing.

a very reasonable lunch. have fun.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    I can not decline a good Olive Garden date. :love: ............ mmmmm Alfredo!

When I go, if I go with my sister we end up splitting a meal. If I go with my boyfriend, I split in 1/4s or 1/2s, depending on my calories for the day and put the rest in a to-go box. And I fill up on the salad so when the bread-sticks and dinner are in front of me, I ate more the "better" stuff than the carbs.
  • ads7327
    ads7327 Posts: 13
    :) Part of my plan is to get the Minestrone soup and eat half of the Shrimp Primavera. I plan to not eat the salad, as I have heard that the dressing is loaded with calories.
This discussion has been closed.