Road map vs. MFP numbers UGH so confused

Options
I keep going back and forth on which to follow. I know I cannot be helping my body by jumping all over the place.

If I go by the BMR (1932) and TDEE - 20% (2144) I should eat something in between that, BUT MFP says I should eat 1620.

Both ways must work because people use both and are successful. I am just so confused which is the better option and which one would work for me.

Any suggestions??

I need to lose over 100 lbs. I do work out at least 5 times a week (I see a trainer 1x a week). I am doing weights, cardio and swimming. I am working hard and just want something to be successful.

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    TDEE includes your exercise calories so you don't eat them back. MFP is set up so that you do eat your exercise calories back. Is there still a large discrepancy now or are the two numbers closer?
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hopefully this might help you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
    But also talk to your trainer. They should be able to give you some guidance as to what they think would works best for you, based on what they see.
    But it would seem that change it up a little would be the closest to what humans do every day. Helps keep the body guessing and out of the rut.
  • StuCox99
    StuCox99 Posts: 2
    Options
    My advice FWIW: don't be too worried about it... "JUST DO IT" as the ad says :) !! You can always fine tune later - based on the results you get. If you aren't losing weight (or losing fast as you like) then make the adjustment by lowering your caloric intake by 250 calories a day and try that for a week - see what happens. Last thing: make darn sure you're getting adequate protein in your daily intake. Take your desired goal weight and multiply by 0.8 and this will give you the MINIMUM protein requirement in grams per day. You don't want to lose muscle and this will help avoid that. Plus, protein make you feel fuller, longer.
    Good luck with your goal!!! You can do it!!