Small NSV with Zumba

Options
EvelynBfly78
EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
Three years ago I started going to a womens' day retreat in my area. They have Zumba for about 5 minutes after lunch to get us moving. The first year I was slow moving & couldn't catch my breath. Last year I skipped it altogether. This year I participated with no problems & I felt great! I could have kept on going longer.
I'm not carrying around as much weight now & I exercise on a regular basis. It really made me feel good about myself. :smile:

Replies

• 1ocean1girl
    1ocean1girl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!! Zumba is a great way to get you movin and groovin :tongue:
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I keep looking at Zumba videos on YouTube, but know that I could never keep up. My cardio is really poor, but I'm slowly working on it.

Besides, I don't dance. I just trip all over myself. In the 80s, when I was young and barely 140 pounds, I tried Jazzercise. I could see myself in the mirror and looked like the "one of these things, doesn't belong here" items in a sea of those "belonging" people moving in sync. After three weeks, I quit.

I do wish the Zumba Gold was cheaper. That looks like something I might be able to do.
  • dlmcgo
    dlmcgo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!
  • brilynn79
    brilynn79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!