Why drink your calories away?

Options

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm not wasting my calories on my protein shake AT ALL. I feel so much better after a work out having it-it's a quick simple way to get not only more protein but water after my workout. I can easily finish my 16 oz shake in 5 minutes. For me it's not about being satisfied (although if I've done cardio then yeah, I don't need anything else til breakfast when I get to work) it's about getting more protein and water.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Convenience.

Thought this was going to be about alcohol. :grumble:
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I drink mine away cuz I get really grumpy if I don't have my post-workout beer...

(though I admit when I started this journey I discovered that I was drinking a LOT of my calories in orange juice and have switched to only drinking that a couple times a week out of a teeny 4oz glass)
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat around 3700 calories a day so I tend to eat calorie dense foods but also drink my fair share of 1% chocolate milk (atleast 2 gallons a week) normally pour into ice cube trays and freeze and then mix in the vitamix blender with some peanut butter and ON protein powder... makes a killer Chocolate/peanut butter shake... So even though not close to 50% of my daily intake it does help me make up some calories.
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do love a glass of wine (or two!) at night!

But typically, I "drink" my calories (as a form of meal replacement) when I can't leave my office to actually eat lunch!
    (sadly.... we can't eat at our desks)
    so I wind up having a green smoothie in a coffee cup to make up for it (& get SOME sort of nutrition in!)

luckily, I'm not a fan of pop
    (so no problem there)
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Me too. The first thing out for me was caloric beverages. I'd rather have my calories in food. And you are right food is NOT our enemy....as long as we have MFP to keep us in check and informed about what we're consuming daily. :heart:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I would happily substitute if I knew a food that would get me deliciously tipsy.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I would happily substitute if I knew a food that would get me deliciously tipsy.

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Convenience.

Thought this was going to be about alcohol. :grumble:

Me too! I was all like.... maybe they have some new cool recipes for my vodka.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

Stop stalking me and offering me drugs.
  • SoViLicious
    Options

I have not been able to cook with wine for years. I drink it all, even cooking wine:cry: . Whatever I don't have a problem.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    NO BEER IN HERE?
  • SoViLicious
    Options
    I find eating over-rated. Now drinking....that **** never goes out of style.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    NO BEER IN HERE?

I like food, I like beer. I will give up neither.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I find eating over-rated. Now drinking....that **** never goes out or style.

I get all my protein and fats in then I get all my carbs from booze.

IIFYM
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

IIFYM

You are a genius
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Eating is for rookies.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    because they want to?

*shrug*
  • SoViLicious
    Options

IIFYM

You are a genius

You better go patent that right now. Or I will steal it and sell it along with raspberry black coffee beans!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

IIFYM

You make me happy.