Gluten free diet not giving me enough energy!

Options
2»

Replies

• Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Larabars, quest bars., sweet potatoes, almond flour and coconut flour home made baked goods, eat more meat, protein lasts longer. You don't need a ton of carbs to be healthy just eat ones that are worth the calories., Good luck!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    You do NOT have to eat the amount of carbohydrates that MFP suggests! The default is insanely high, and the fats far too low imo. I would have no energy if I ate 200g carbs per day and only 50g of fat too; but that's just me.

If you do still want tons of carbs, eat lots of sweet potatoes, bananas etc.

Also, even as a celiac, you might benefit from not replacing wheat with other grains. Just an idea. (*ducking and running to avoid the coming attacks....)
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Chex. Rice. GF bread. Fruit. Potatoes. nom nom nom
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    For me, fruit, especially bananas and dates give me a ton of energy
    What's your fat goal? The body actually prefers to use dietary fat for energy, so you may want to increase your fat intake.

Da *kitten*?

It's true brah though I should have specified long-term energy. To operate optimally you need to eat a good amount of fat. If you want a quick, short term boost of energy, yes, carbs do the trick. If you want energy to last your whole day, that comes from fats. So your body runs more efficiently on fat instead of spiking up and down with carb energy. (But carbs are still important!)
  • grammabrew
    Options
    I am not celiac, but sensitive to it. Have been trying to follow the diet. I found Mrs Keeper's Organic Corn Elbows. It has 70g of carbs in 3/4 cup.