Too much calories a day?

Options
I'm really overweight, 320 lbs for 5'8 tall. The calorie counter give me 3,270 calories a day...If I eat that much, I will not lose weight... what I do? And how much I should eat?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you won't lose weight?

Was it MFP that gave you those calories? Or was it another calculator?
  • Solartiste
    Solartiste Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went to take a look to my settings....that was set to gain calories instead of lose....that's why!!!! I'm very happy to see that it's not the program!

Dumb me loll
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did some research when determining my daily calories. I looked up a BMR calculator & figured my calories based on different activity levels (I do different things different days) then looked up my TDEE & subtracted 20%. The different numbers were pretty close - I took an average of all the numbers & came up with 1800 calories. I don't eat back any exercise calories up to 500. Anything over 500, if I eat fine, if not that's okay too. I plugged in your numbers (not knowing your activity level) & came up with between 2105 - 3062.
    I am 42, 213lbs, 5'1". Hope this helps. Good luck! :happy:
  • Solartiste
    Solartiste Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That gives me 1700 cal a day, without exercices. For now, I had neck problems, I cant do anything, even the dishes without being hurt more... Usually, I move more than that for about 15-20 min a day. I have fibromyalgia, so better to do a little but every day.