Gallstones and excercise

Options
I've had two gallstone attacks in the past couple of months and just today had an ultrasound at the hospital. I won't meet with my doctor for another week until the results are in..... I don't know much about gallstone attacks, but I have read that weight loss can increase them as well as having children. I've been eating healthy for a while and avoiding greasy/fatty foods to decrease the chances of this happening again. Has anyone else had/have these problems and what did/do you do? I'm really not looking to have surgery, and I'm impatient to have to wait another week for the results with my doctor (**BTW I was shown the stones so I know they are there~). Does anyone have advice?

D

Replies

• foxywife75
    foxywife75 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The specalist told me to NOT to eat ANY animal fat when I was having attacks. Mine where so bad that my galbladder was being removed within the next couple of weeks.
    Hope it this helps & good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • Marcy79
    Marcy79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had lost like 25lbs really fast and starting have gallbladder attacks.. they said no stones but my gallbladder was only functioning at like 40% or something so they wanted to take it out.. I told them I would think about it... a little while later the pain went away and I asked my family doc if I HAD to get it out.. he said no unless it starts to bug me again.. it can happen w/ weight loss... also I think it was thyroid related because at that time I was having some some thyroid trouble.. good luck!