Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Woman earns more than man.

BusyRaeNOTBusty
BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
Men and Women: How would this make you feel if you were in this relationship?

*in honor of recent posts regarding who pays on date...

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    More money is always a good thing.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    with the amount of girls compared to guys in my university classes, id say men should get used to earning less money than women soon. How would it make me feel? good for her that she has a good job.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    I would feel no different than if he earned more. This is 2013.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    dm;hs
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member

But who would pay for dates?

Or should we just break up?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    As long as there isn't a shortage of shoes and purses, I don't care where the money comes from.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    I've earned more than my husband for years. Not a big deal.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Hum, live life as a pampered boy toy? I'm having troubles seeing the negatives here.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    We are on the same team. We have both made more than the other at some point in the last 12 years. We didn't get together because of incomes.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member

But who would pay for dates?

As far as I'm concerned, the person that did the inviting generally pays. If she invites him, she pays. If he invites her, he pays. One exception being if the invite hints at "going dutch" such as, "I'm going to the festival this weekend. If you want to come, I'd be happy to pick you up. It should be a lot of fun and it's only $5 to get in."
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    More money is always a good thing.

this
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Hum, live life as a pampered boy toy? I'm having troubles seeing the negatives here.

Are you not a pampered boy toy?? :laugh:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member

you think women who make less just live life as a pampered girl toy?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    I regularly turn down more money...
  • Lconsla
    Lconsla Posts: 226 Member
    until last year I made way more than my husband, now he makes almost double what I make. As long as the bills are paid and we're not struggling, idc who's the bread winner.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    i have always earned more....that has never bothered me....or them...

what has bothered me is that I earn more because I'm hungrier and more ambitious...and they were not....

THAT is what destroyed past relationships....

I couldn't live with someone unhappy with their financial standing if they weren't going to work for more or better....
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Pretty sure he'd be damned proud. We're a team. What's good for me is good for all of us.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    one of the few things I'm oddly old fashioned about....I'd rather a man earn more than me but considering I'm the only bread winner in my house being a single parent, guess my opinion doesn't really matter haha
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member

you think women who make less just live life as a pampered girl toy?

oh FFS, seriously?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Men and Women: How would this make you feel if you were in this relationship?

My wife doesn't work....well, doesn't get paid for her work....well, doesn't get paid by an employer for her work, so we live solely off my salary. If she made more than me? And I know that we can already live well off of what I make? Boo-yeah! Stay at home dad for me!