Properly determining exercise...

Options
I am new to MFP. Two weeks and met my calorie goal every day. I have started walking on a treadmill whenever I can between 3mph and 4mph which is definitely a workout for me.

The thing I am having trouble with is that I work a three day schedule in a warehouse. Twelve hour shifts, on my feet (walking and pivoting and step stool) all but 1 hour of the day as well as moving boxes (up to 60lbs) a majority of that time also. Then I have 4 days where I do very little (until now).

I am having trouble when I enter my work day in...I mean it must be exercise yet if I enter what sounds right, I get numbers of calories burned that I know cannot be right.

I just started counting my work day as 1 hour of walking and 1 hour of lifting boxes (household) so that it seemed more realistic.

Anyone have a good idea of how I can better gauge my exercise?

TIA

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Do not enter your work day. Your body is used to it. Sert your activity level to lightly active instead of sedentary. Do not log your work day, log your dedicated exercise. I hope this helps.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    What she said.
  • Agent575
    Agent575 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Will do.
  • Agent575
    Agent575 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP. Two weeks and met my calorie goal every day. I have started walking on a treadmill whenever I can between 3mph and 4mph which is definitely a workout for me.

The thing I am having trouble with is that I work a three day schedule in a warehouse. Twelve hour shifts, on my feet (walking and pivoting and step stool) all but 1 hour of the day as well as moving boxes (up to 60lbs) a majority of that time also. Then I have 4 days where I do very little (until now).

I am having trouble when I enter my work day in...I mean it must be exercise yet if I enter what sounds right, I get numbers of calories burned that I know cannot be right.

I just started counting my work day as 1 hour of walking and 1 hour of lifting boxes (household) so that it seemed more realistic.

Anyone have a good idea of how I can better gauge my exercise?

TIA

I have no pictures (cuz I'm like that) but I had to post that I love MFP!!! This simple tracking site took someone who wasn't overly concerned with weight/diet but knew deep down that it's something I should care about and now in a few months, I have dropped from 228 to 194 (wish I could edit my starting weight on here so it reflected that properly) and I intend to lose a few more. I went from walking like a mile on a treadmill and suffering through it to going outside and running 3.5 miles nonstop twice a week or more, ran a 5k a couple weeks ago and the twisted part is that I still eat ice cream damn near every day after dinner.

Thanks MFP.