If ever I see that man again...

Options
My weight loss journey started about 3 years ago and I was at my highest weight of 351.
30kyb29.jpg
I had to travel to MN from GA by air and I was so embarrassed that when I sat down in my seat, my seatbelt would not buckle. I vowed when I returned from that trip I would work on my weight. About a month after I returned, I got a job at a clinic. Below the clinic a personal fitness gym opened about a month later.

After a year of working out with a personal trainer 2-3 x a week, my measurements improved and I dropped to about 320 lbs. At that point my wife lost her job and the personal trainer became prohibitively expensive.
sl31w7.jpg
I switched my membership to a more traditional gym, picked up a sometime workout partner and proceeded to utilize everything the personal trainer had taught me over the last year. Due to my eating habits I maintained my weight not losing at all.

Enter the physical at the beginning of this year. Liver functions were slightly elevated so they had to stop my cholesterol medication(which was working well but now well enough to keep my cholesterol measurements from going bad). I had also been on an anxiety medication to help me quit smoking, something that had singularly failed to happen in the last 20+ years so I requested to stop that and was okayed by my PCP. That weekend 2 things happened: one was I found MFP. I ate well usually, but I just ate too much of everything. MFP helps me with portion control. The second was I read a book called Alan Carr's Stop Smoking the Easy Way.

Both of these have changed my life. I started doing more cardio after reading the forums and discussion boards on here. I picked up the book after reading the forums here as well. I had set my quit date for 3/1/13 in my head but after getting halfway through the book I was done, put 'em down and won't pick them back up. EVER!

Everyone on this site has been such an inspiration for me...I just wanted to say thank you!

rmk0eq.jpg28a4611.jpg

today
And if ever I see that man again...I doubt he will recognize me!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish...can always use more inspiration!

Replies

• TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good job! You've successfully addressed two of the most difficult thing modern people have to deal with - tobacco and overeating. Keep it up!
  • jaydeemorrow
    jaydeemorrow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic story! You are definitely an inspiration! Keep up the great work! :-)
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great story, and well done! What a transformation.
    I gave up smoking 12 years ago using carr's book and agree wih you - it's brilliant!
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    well done! you look good.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    dude, you look STRONG. *sound of clapping and cheering* way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!