• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    another vote for Optimum Nutrition Natural
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I'm not here to fight with Shakeology people.. :tongue:

But I use MRM all natural and its good enough for me.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I use bluebonnet whey protein isolate which is sweetened with stevia. It's $40 for 2lbs on amazon.

You should weigh this. I used the same thing, until I realized a scoop (33g, according to the package) only had 22g in it, meaning I needed 1.5 scoops to make up the full serving of protein.

Now I use Bioplex whey protein isolate, which actually gives me more per scoop than advertised.

Jay Robb does not use artificial sweeteners, either.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb which has Stevia. It's also about $150 less a month than Shakeology. :laugh:
    Another Jay Robb user here.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Biologix all natural protein powder is really good I'm using it now. It's no GMO as well =)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what GMOs would they use in a protein powder?
  • alabamamommy
    Options
    Check them out on facebook. I am on my second bag and have never been tired of the taste. Nothing artificial. I have been very happy. I am new to this diet thing but I feel like the shake does what it's supposed to. Also, you can request a free sample. I really love everything about the company.
  • shrinkingtam
    shrinkingtam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Natural Edge http://www.natural-edge.com/ The fructose free powder is sweetened with stevia, but that is not all. All whey is harvested from grass fed no hormone cows that have only been fed non gmo, non pestiside grass. It is by far the best product I have found.
  • dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb which has Stevia. It's also about $150 less a month than Shakeology. :laugh:

Yep & it mixes well, no big clumps
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options

I believe it has something to do with the soil that the cows eat I"m not super big on the "GMO's" bandwagon though
  • runningwild00
    Options
    I use Jarrow's whey protein (http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Protein-French-Vanilla/dp/B0013OSK8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362527497&sr=8-1&keywords=jarrows+whey+french+vanilla)

It says no artifical sweetners. I didnt fully research it -- but i didnt see anything like aspartame in it
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is just like Dr. Oz's green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketones... They are full of bull**** and make you poor!

I do however like Allmax Nutrition Natural Isoflex or NOWS organic whey but in all honestly the best I have tried is ON's natural whey.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is just like Dr. Oz's green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketones... They are full of bull**** and make you poor!

I do however like Allmax Nutrition Natural Isoflex or NOWS organic whey but in all honestly the best I have tried is ON's natural whey.

Well Shakeology actually has nutritional content. It's not a pill that does nothing at all. It may be overpriced, etc, but it actually is a nutritional shake.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 365 Whey Protein Powder in Chocolate from Whole Foods. I'm sensitive to sucralose, aspartame, and stevia. This one has only fructose. I like it!
  • klhessling
    klhessling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition 100% Natural as well. The Chocolate isn't very chocolatey but its still good.

Lifetime Fitness VeganMax has Pea and Brown Rice Protein and Stevia. I like the vanilla a lot.

I bought a bag of Chocolate Shakeology once. I wasn't impressed. I also tried the Strawberry Vegan version. It's too sweet and too high in carbs for me. I'd rather get the natural stuff and have the flexibility to add fruits and/or organic baby spinach to get the greens in and have better control over the macronutrients.
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I use bluebonnet whey protein isolate which is sweetened with stevia. It's $40 for 2lbs on amazon.

You should weigh this. I used the same thing, until I realized a scoop (33g, according to the package) only had 22g in it, meaning I needed 1.5 scoops to make up the full serving of protein.

Now I use Bioplex whey protein isolate, which actually gives me more per scoop than advertised.

Jay Robb does not use artificial sweeteners, either.

Yeah, I totally noticed that a few weeks ago and I was a bit miffed. But it tastes so good so I don't want to switch. Do you like the flavor of Bioplex compared to Bluebonnet?
  • beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. A lot of information. I'm now going to make a list of all the names mentioned and decide which one to get. All the best. xxx
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. Nothing artificial in it.

SHAKEOLOGY IS AWESOME!!! Gives you SUPER energy without caffeine! Just wish I can afford it since becoming a stay-at-home mom :frown:
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend truenutrition.com. You can custom mix your protein to your needs. You can add a ton of different flavors with natural or artificial sweeteners as well
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I believe it has something to do with the soil that the cows eat I"m not super big on the "GMO's" bandwagon though

If it uses non organic soy or corn (dextrose, fructose, dextrin, etc) then it is GMO. If it lists sugar as an ingredient and not "pure sugar" or "organic sugar" then it is made from GM sugar beets.

If the whey isn't organic then it is from commercial GM corn-fed cows.