MFP and going too far?

Options

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I overheard her ask the waiter if “they were on this” he said "on what" she then jabs her phone at him and says “my fitness pal! Your restaurant isn’t on here.” He was very polite and agreed with her, I am certain that he had no idea what MFP was and that he just wanted to move on. The lady continued to badger him about the restaurants high calorie foods and basically made herself seem like an crazy person.

I wonder how she logged "Insane Obnoxious Ranting" and "Gross Stupidity" as an exercise - I hope she had her heart rate monitor on.
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    LOL I once had some wench come into my restaurant and tell me the menu items were just "serving suggestions" and that she looked at the menu as a list of ingredients to combine as she wished and the chef would just have to accomodate her. She said that WW suggested people look at it that way. I almost asked her if WW also taught you to be a self righteous, obnoxious cow, too.

this is why i love uk restaurants. if you pick a menu item but don't want it as it's described, order something else.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    She sounds like an absolute joy to be around.

I suspect MFP has nothing to do with that. If it hadn't been that it would have been something else.

Definitely this.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Jesus christ... that is certainly going too far.
    Thankfully the rest of us are perfectly normal and sane :laugh:

But seriously, I've had my fair share of being very hungry and frustrated at a restaurant. And I definitely know that most servers are willing to accommodate you if you ask for a lot of changes to your meal.Their job is to serve you - yes - but you don't have to make it hard for them. If you're asking a lot be NICE.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    but i like this one the most... :bigsmile:

Jessica-Alba-Hot-Photo-12.jpg

I think this one will work. But can she keep her mouth shut?
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am so going to do this next time we eat out. "WTF ISN'T YOUR MUTHER EFFING BACON ON MFP?????"
    ~Shoves phone at server's face~
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Maybe her calories were set too low and she was starving and therefore grumpy?
    :laugh:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I was very excited that Famous Dave's Barbeque was on MFP. They are the bestest!! :bigsmile:

*representin'*
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    She sounds like an absolute joy to be around.

I suspect MFP has nothing to do with that. If it hadn't been that it would have been something else.

This.

Has nothing to do with MFP, has everything to do with needing a personality adjustment.

I agree... what a bag of douche.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It'd be hilarious if she replied on this thread.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    She cray cray.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

but i like this one the most... :bigsmile:

Jessica-Alba-Hot-Photo-12.jpg

I vote for this. PLEASE.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    The only thing that MFP has taken too far is that I now rate everyone I see and mentally decide if I want to bang, kiss, marry or avoid them. They mostly are not my type.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    She must have been really HANNNNNNNNNNNNGRRRRRYYY!!!

I'm lucky enough to live in England where the odds of a restaurant being in the MFP database or the eaterie having calories on their website or menu are slim to none. And that means I can enjoy my curry/pizza/chips/pies/wine/beer/gravy/cucumber sandwiches in peace. Do I stress about the calorie content? No. Do I eat out every day? No.

If I've had a good week eating-wise I log the calories as a rough guess and just get on with it. If I've been naughty I try to get in a good run or hike to cancel out a few of the calories.

Life really is too short!
  • lexherrera
    lexherrera Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    haha, jeez! What a crazy lady... I had a Subway sandwich yesterday and I didn't bother the guy making my sandwich about the calories... I went home and got on their website and figured it out mah dang self!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Jesus christ... that is certainly going too far.
    Thankfully the rest of us are perfectly normal and sane :laugh:

But seriously, I've had my fair share of being very hungry and frustrated at a restaurant. And I definitely know that most servers are willing to accommodate you if you ask for a lot of changes to your meal.Their job is to serve you - yes - but you don't have to make it hard for them. If you're asking a lot be NICE.

customers who piss of their waiters/waitresses are rolling the dice... that's all i'm going to say about that. :laugh:

i worked in restaurants from chains to fine dining years ago when i was in college and let's just say, i saw stuff. don't piss off anybody who is making minimum wage and is overworked by unappreciative managers. even in expensive fine dining restaurants, i saw stuff that happens behind the doors to the kitchen. i'll leave it at that.
  • CBolliger
    CBolliger Posts: 15
    Options
    It'd be hilarious if she replied on this thread.

I thought the same thing! hahaha! I hope she does see this and thinks "oh, could that have been me?"
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put a bet that, that day was her first day on MFP.
    Any other takers?

Yup
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    She's trying So hard. Give the girl a cupcake.
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What's the point in eating out if you're gonna complain about fat / calories?! She might as well have just stayed at home and had a bit of lettuce. One day isn't gonna harm any of the hard, lifelong work people put in. And if the specific restaurant isn't on the database, add it or find something similar! Sorry just had to get that off my chest, geeeees!