None of my business

2»

Replies

• amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Maybe she just likes walking and it's part of her routine. Not everyone thinks of walking as something fitness related.
  • She probably just walks enough to maintain weight because she offsets it be eating like 200 more calories per day. You don't know that she's even doing it to lose weight. Maybe she just enjoys walking.
  • Also IMHO if you aren't gaining weight you are winning so if she has maintained her weight for 8 years she is doing better than many
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Thanks everyone, it really helps. I guess I just need that constant reminder that I can do this. :)
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Last year I was walking every workday with my coworker. We were climbing a big hill and doing a 1hr route at a fast pace. We probably were walking 3-4miles a day. I lost 6 lbs and that was it. I went from 172 to 166. We fell off track last May. When I went to the doctor this January I was still 166. That's when I signed up for MFP and started logging my food. That's when I discovered that although I don't eat "bad". I was eating way too much to lose. That's probably why I maintained the 166 for over 7mos with no effort but to lose I had to make a change to my diet.