Today was my 1st day of 30day Shred!!!

Options
I totally thought I was going to die! I have NEVER sweat so much in one 20 minute workout ever! I was scared to start, but I am happy I did, I am going for the whole 30 days! 29 more to go!! If anyone has any inspiring comments about their own progress with 30DS please let me know! Thanks!

Schellie :flowerforyou:

Replies

• texnurse
    texnurse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! You may be sore tomorrow but work through the pain! I have done 30 day shred twice now, love the results. Not sure if my pics are public but you can add me or click on my pics :)
  • hilary2005
    hilary2005 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Make sure you take your measurements now. I do the top of my arms, under bust, waist, belly, hips, top of thighs. Seeing the inches shredded is the best result / motivator ever! I am finding clothes much looser!

I started in January, I'll admit I dont do it it every day sometimes miss as many as 5 days but I am still seeing results so imagine if I stuck to every day. So far I have lost 4.5" on my thigh, 5" on my hips and 1/2 inches here and there everywhere else. I also took photos and can see the difference. I will see if I can post them up here.

collageJan-Mar2013_zps301fca36.jpg
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    Well done.. I start jillians banish fat tomo oh and her extreme shed & shred on thursday (doin the both) :O
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    @ hilary2005... Well done :) can see results
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Keep at it!!!!

Jillian and 30 day shred is where I started, and although I have done more since then, I do thank Jillian for starting me off on my journey.
    I saw amazing results from doing 30ds and ripped in 30. I only used 2kg (4.4lb) weights but felt such a huge improvement.
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    I just started today too. Its rough.
  • kikilareggae
    kikilareggae Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When I was plateauing on my weight loss 30DS helped me out of it and I lost several inches all over my body! I'm planning on doing another round of it this spring after I finish Ripped in 30 and another workout program I have lined up! Stick with it and you're guaranteed results, I promise!
  • luminajd
    luminajd Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hilary you look great, awesome job on the loss!
    I LOVE me some shred. I found soreness to be the worst on day 4, but I pushed through and then it got better after that. I took about one day off a week to save my sanity and give my muscles a break.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    If you're sore that means you worked, a good thing. :) Congrats to your first day, it's worth it! You can also break it up, it is recommended you do the thirty day shred 5 days a week (Jillian's own words) so I worked out six days a week mixing the shred with her cardio kick box. I posted my results from day 29 (which was yesterday March 4th) for me. I lost inches but only 5lbs which is fine, inches are better. In fact this picture in my profile is my AFTER pic from 30 day shred.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Soreness will go away after 3-5 days.. just keep going! Beware the scale doesn't move a lot for most folks until waaaay later on in the 30 day regime and you will probably lose more inches than lbs!

Here's a pic to inspire you.. my body changed drastically (atleast I think so) in just under two months of doing the 30DS consistently.

23, 5'6"
    Day 1: 181lbs, Body Fat%: 31.9%
    Day 55: 169lbs, Body Fat%: 25%

19593344_7257.jpg
  • Schellsisbacktoattack
    Options
    Thank you So much for all of these great replies!!!! I appreciate all of the encouragement and motivating pictures!!!! I'm excited, however the pain is really bad right now... BUT I am NOT going to stop, I want to do the whole 30 days straight! Im scared, but I think I can do it! I here the levels get harder?!? Level 1 today was wicked hard for me,,, I legit was dying! I need to just keep moving! Love that! thanks for the lovely comments! you guys ROCK!

• fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you So much for all of these great replies!!!! I appreciate all of the encouragement and motivating pictures!!!! I'm excited, however the pain is really bad right now... BUT I am NOT going to stop, I want to do the whole 30 days straight! Im scared, but I think I can do it! I here the levels get harder?!? Level 1 today was wicked hard for me,,, I legit was dying! I need to just keep moving! Love that! thanks for the lovely comments! you guys ROCK!

Im on day 4 of level 1. It's ok to take a break between levels. Make sure your weights are light if this is your first time...you really don't want to get injured. pace yourself! remember 10days level 1, 10 days level 2, 10 days level 3. Level 2 is actually more fun than 1st and level 3 is easier! You can do it. Feel free to add me..a group of our throwing the scale away this month and doing the 30DS challenge too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!